Monday, July 21, 2008

Rockport

We finally made it to go to vacation.  We went to Rockport Texas.  We stayed 9 days and had a blast.  Rick spent the majority of the time there fishing....asking when we were going fishing and setting his alarm to go fishing.

How do you like the new truck?  It is a 2008 Toyota Tundra.  We traded in my Explorer for it.

My tattoo really hurt when I got it.....a mosquito bite? Yeah right....more like someone taking a hot knife and slowly cutting ....anyway...IT HURT!!!!!

I decided on the dragonfly because they always remind me of my little sister. 

Now I am busy with settling all of my parents things.....I have a whole house of things to go through.

People......please clean out all the things you really do not need.   It would make it so much easier on your children.

 

I have found so many things I couldn't even begin to tell.

Oh well.....I have a little unpaid time off from work to see what I can accomplish......Wish me luck. 

Thanks so much for all the cards and letters.  They have helped me make it through.

I love you all for your friendship and prayers....don't stop!

LOVE BARB

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you paint those cabana's I want one!  It would match my bedroom!!!!!!  I'm so glad you were able to get away, you sooooo needed time away, alone with just the ocean breeze.  It is so cleansing.

Love to all!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Well, we're all glad to hear you're ok.  Was beginning to wonder.  Looks like you had a good time and it looks Sadie enjoyed herself too.  So did Rick get any fishing in while you were away?  LOL       Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

The New truck is great ~  and I love your Tattoo ~ Loved your pictures and glad you had a good vacation ~ hope you accomplish everything that needs doing at your parents home ~ and yes I do wish you luck ~ Ally xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go away!!!
and that new truck is so snazzy!
and Rick had the whole pier and all the fish to himself.... did he get the big one....
Oh Sadie you are so pretty.....
I know I know, I have been trying for the last few years to get this place cleaned out and organized but they just keep bringing more stuff in, lol....
Enjoy the rest of your time off!
and I was just thinking yesterday to send you a card, but I didn't yet, bad me.......
Have a wonderful week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time on vacation.  I know how bad tattoos hurt on the ankle.  You described the pain accurately! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

That little Sadie is sooooo cute!  Glad you had a good time. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get away for a while. Made me want to go to the coast. Haven't been in a couple of years. Your new truck is very pretty. Paula

Anonymous said...

we have the same truck!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Beautiful truck!!!  It is so true we need to clean out our stuff... we Americans are blessed with so many things.  When I call for donations for the veterans it is never for money, but just re-useable stuff.  Amazes me how many people do NOT donate when I know they probably have too much stuff and just won't take the time to put a small donation out.  My husband loves to go fishing.... I miss you stopping by my journal.... hope you are doing okay.... I think of you all the time..... hugs,
Lisa