Tuesday, January 29, 2008
DO YOU GUYS KNOW ME OR WHAT?
YES I DID PASS MY INSURANCE TEST...I ALMOST GAVE UP BUT ALL OF YOU PUSHED ME TO GO THROUGH WITH IT. THANKS!!!!
OK SO THIS MORNING I WOKE UP EARLY AND SANG. I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE BEEN STUDYING BUT THIS IS WHAT I DO. :)
ANYWHO. I WENT TO TOWN....IT'S THE BADDEST PART OF TOWN BTW....
AND WENT ONE MORE TIME TO TAKE THE TEST.
I ARRIVED AN HOUR EARLY.
THEY LET ME TAKE IT EARLY.
THE QUESTIONS WERE EXTREMELY HARD...
I WAS SWEATIN BULLETS.
I JUST COULD NOT FAIL AGAIN...
I PRAYED ABOUT IT BEFORE I EVEN STARTED THE TEST.
AND IN THE BEGINNING
AND IN THE MIDDLE AND
RIGHT BEFORE I PUSHED THE BUTTON THAT SAYS ARE YOU SURE....
I PEEKED OUT AND LOOKED AND SAW MY NEW FAVORITE WORD
P A S S
I TOOK MYSELF OUT TO LUNCH AND THEN WENT TO THE OFFICE TO LET MY BOSS KNOW....
YOU KNOW ME.....GOTTA BE DIFFERENT....
I WALKED IN ALL DISGUSTED AND TOLD HIM I WAS NOT GOING TO TAKE THE TEST AGAIN...
HE LOOKED A LITTLE UPSET AND THEN HE READ THE PAPER AND I SAW THE BIGGEST GRIN SPREAD ACROSS HIS FACE....
NO YOU WON'T EVER TAKE THE TEST AGAIN BECAUSE YOU PASSED!
WELL I ALREADY DID BUT I DID AGAIN!
HE GAVE ME THE REST OF THE DAY OFF
NO MORE STUDYING, NO MORE BOOKS!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Sorry I haven't posted the pictures yet....Rick had me busy all day with the house...I did take pictures of the bathroom...I will get them on here asap
With my new scedule working 9-5:30 I don't get as much me time alone. I love Rick to pieces but I do miss my alone time sometimes.
For instance...I use to be off during the week and I could sing or clean or do anything I wanted.....mostly I sang of course.
With only being off on the weekends..the same time as Rick my scedule has been altered.
No more sleeping in on my day off....he is up early in the morning and now with the new surround sound...well let's just say sometimes it seems like a train is going through the house.
This morning I awoke to gun fire.....not to worry it was only Rick watching a movie at full blast.
I came in with "that look" on my face and he said....Hey well it is almost 9. It was 8:15.....
Gotta love em
So I spent my day off cleaning and organizing and opening and shuting the door for him.....he is carrying out the unused lumber to the shop......
I am not complaining...it only sounds like it. :)
So as soon as I get some me time I will take more pictures....I really could not show you a me picture today.....believe me I was thinking of you....
Ok so enough already.
Be back as soon as I can
Same time same station.
OK So far I have a list of things you want to see pictures of
My bathroom......unfinished but ok
Bedroom....messy but ok
Kitchen.....disaster but alright
living room...work in progress but ok
fridge.....discusting but ok
gourmet meal cooked by Eric.....he is in Austin
outside of my house....easy
favorite book....what to pick?!?
junk drawer...many to choose from
and WHAT a picture of me....taking your own life into your hands....
Any thing else? I will be taking pictures later today.....
Friday, January 25, 2008
Sunday, January 20, 2008
It's not easy to say goodbye. Tiny was such a big part of our lifes. She went many places with us.
When Eric grew up and moved away Tiny kept us company and made the trasition a little easier.
She went with us deer hunting in Del Rio, She went to the coast with us every summer and chased the seagulls in and out of the waves.
She traveled with me to see her big brother Eric.
She loved going to take the trash with Rick
She was a funny smart dog.
She coould climb a pecan tree after a squirrel.
She loved all her babys and knew them by name. Squirrel, Cow, Duck etc.
She will always have a special place in many hearts.
Rest In Peace Tiny.
You were the world's greatest dog and always will be.
We will always hold you in our hearts forever.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
goodbye my sweet, funny and smart puppy
we will always love you
I AM SO SAD TO SAY OUR LITTLE ANGEL TINY HAS GONE TO HEAVEN.
She wanted to come sit by me while I was singing today and then all of a sudden she just sat up and wanted to go outside. As I was lifting her down the stairs she died in my arms.
Thank you for all your prayers for her. She was just too weak.
I will miss her everyday for the rest of my life.
I know she has touched you all in a special way.
We will all miss her.
off to chase sticks for Jesus
Thursday, January 17, 2008
The last couple of days have been rough for me. We need a breather so I stole this from Susan....
Lets play Family Feud
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE MY ANSWERS!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
1. Name something you use in the shower?
you know that funny little looking washcloth that isn't a washcloth but more like a huge taffeta thing that you have to be careful when you use it not to scrub too hard or you come out looking red....what's that called?
2. Name something a football player wears under his uniform?
pads so that when someone knocks the crap out of him he doesn't double over in pain and say bad words.
3. Name something people hate to find on their windshield.
a parking ticket, flyers for new nail salons, dead birds
4. Name something a man might buy before a date?
aspirin in case she says she has a headache
5. What's another word for blemish?
pimple, black head....or ewww white head and you just wish they would pop it already...ever pop a pimple next to the mirror and it splatters on it?
6. Something you'd cook in the microwave.
scrabbled eggs....they come out all fluffy
FYI when cooking bacon that is already precooked be sure to follow the directions....otherwise it makes your kitchen smell like .....well use your imagination
7. Name a piece of furniture people need help moving
computer desks, bathtubs, stoves
8 Name a reason a younger man might like an older woman.
he is a mommas boy at heart and he knows an older woman knows how to cook and well use your imagination.....Linda is now sending me to the naughty corner.....
9. Name something a dog does that embarrasses its owner.
poops in public when you take him for a walk...only he must do it out in the open for everyone to enjoy. Like it's a concert or something....
10. Name a kind of test you cannot study for.
11. Name something a boy scout gets a badge for.
making somemores? oh wait that is a girl scout...um.....finding an arrowhead? Hadonfield help me out here!
12. Name a phrase with the word 'Home' in it?
Home of the Brave
13. Name a sport where players loose teeth?
chess....hey some of them old men are agressive!
14. Name something a teacher can do to ruin a student's day?
give a pop quiz and make all the kids with low grades miss recess
15. What is a way you can tell someone has been crying?
there is snot coming out of their nose.
16. Name something found at a Séance?
Is that a bookstore? Like Starbucks?
17. Name a bird you wouldn't want to eat?
Big Bird....too much fat
18. Name something that gets folded?
blankets.....clothes....but not at my house too often....
19. Name something a person wears even if it has a hole in it?
a donut after it enters their system....they wear it around their waist and across their butts...I know Linda I am on my way back to the naughty chair....
20. Name something that gets smaller the more you use it?
time....do we ever have enough?
OK....now I know you all want to know...Tiny is still about the same....she has kinda stopped eating...I did get her to eat a little chicken tonight...would not eat any of the hamburger I made her for lunch...she was eating McDonalds hamburgers but since they can't get their orders straight and put cheese on the last one I got there...she refuses to eat that anymore....you should have seen me trying to "wash" the cheese off of that burger....impossible btw...
I went to the vet and she gave me some special food that I have to force feed. So add that to my new routine of smashing up the medicine and force feeding...the other day I was giving her the medicine and she is getting smarter about it put her tongue to block it from going down her throat....it came back and sprayed all over my face....My face broke out all red.
Scared the stuffing out of me...thought I was having an allergic reaction.
Her medicine is for heart congestion and to make her pee.....was a little worried I would have to run to the potty after I got sprayed.
Just keep her in your prayers...I will not give up...we all love her toooooo much.
She likes to sit next to me when I sing...it helps her to relax her breathing a little....so I give her medicine , food, love and song.
Ok so what are you waiting for....you have homework to do and I gotta go crush some pills....
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Thank you all for your prayers, comments and suggestions.
Tiny is doing better slowly but surely.
We finally found a way to get her to take her medicine.
We crush it up into a fine powder and mix it with a little milk and then we put it into a syringe and put it in her mouth.
I tried everything you suggested and so far this works the best.
She is not wanting to eat her dog food. All I have gotten her to eat is McDonalds hamburger patties. Probably not the best for her diet, but she will eat it.
I have to break it into tiny pieces and feed it to her out of my hand.
She acts like she doesn't want to chew.
They might have put a tube down her throat and it is just sore.
She is finally sleeping better too. She stayed awake two nights in a row.
We have to carry her down the three stairs to go outside.
Her stomach is still too big.
Her vet called to check on her today.
I thought that was very nice.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Somebody needs to give me ideas on how to get a stubborn doggie to take her medicine.
I wrap it in cheese and she eats the cheese and spits the pill on the floor.
Same with bread, hot dog, and even tapioca.
Then I tried crushing the pills and put it in her favorite treat...would not eat it.
We eventually had to put it in the back of her throat and held her mouth shut until she swallowed....this took awhile and was stressful for her and me.
Doctor said to put it in peanut butter and put it on the roof of her mouth.
All I know is that it takes forever to get her to ingest it. There has got to be an easier way. Tomorrow I am going to go and buy some baby food, grind it up and try that....only problem is that if she doewn't eat it all she will be missing some of the medicine.....I thought about getting a sirenge and putting it in milk and shooting it down her throat.
Now she has to take half of a giant pill, 1 and a half tiny pills and another pill cut in half in the mornng.
At night she gets a whole heart pill, one and a half tiny pills and half of another pill.
She just isn't hungry.
Oh she ate a cookie right away though.....
They did give her an iv and pumped some of the fluid out of her manually. The bandaid was from the iv. She has a hole in her stomach too.
The vet gave her antibotic.
I just want her to get better soon.
The doctor did blood tests and they came out really good.
She does have heart worms but it is too late to treat them.
One of the reasons she is having a hard time.
TINY IS HOME :) SHE IS STILL REALLY WEAK AND BREATHING HARD BUT SEEMS TO BE ALOT BETTER THAN THIS MORNING. SHE IS RESTING NOW.
AT THIS POINT I AM GIVING HER A CHOICE OF FOOD. SHE IS MAKING QUITE A MESS BUT I HAVE A BROOM AT LEAST SHE IS EATING....MOSTLY WHAT SHE'S NOT SUPPOSE TO....STINKER
AND LOOKING AROUND...SHE WOULD ONL.Y LAY WITH HER HEAD DOWN THIS MORNING.
SHE NOW HAS TO TAKE 4 PILLS.....VET SUGGESTED I CRUSH THEM UP TOGETHER AND PUT THEM IN PEANUT BUTTER....
JUST GLAD SHE IS HOME. WE LOVE HER SO MUCH.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS....
FIRST DOCTOR VISIT $128.90
NEW DOG FOOD SHE REFUSES TO EAT $7.99
SECOND DOCTOR VISIT ( TODAY) $148.90
DIFFERENT DOG FOOD $14.99
FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO SAY HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL THE LOVE AND PRAYERS YOU ARE SENDING TO TINY.
I TOOK HER INTO THE VET AND SHE IS VERY WEAK AND BREATHING VERY HARD.
THE VET TOLD ME TO LEAVE HER THERE AND THAT SHE WOULD MANUALLY REMOVE SOME OF THE FLUID ON HER CHEST AND STOMACH.
SHE CALLED ME AROUND 10 AND SAID THAT SO FAR SHE HAS REMOVED 80 CC;S OF FLUID FROM HER. SHE ALSO DID SOME BLOOD WORK AND SAID THAT THAT LOOKED GOOD. SHE GAVE HER SOME ANTIBIOTIC AS WELL.
SHE SAID TINY WAS STILL BREATHING HARD.
SHE GAVE HER SOME WATER AND TINY DRANK IT.
SHE GAVE HER SOME FOOD AND SHE DIDN'T. BUT TINY IS A P[CKY EATER SO THAT WAS TO BE EXPECTED.
SHE IS GOING TO KEEP HER ALL DAY AND I WILL GO AND GET HER AFTER WORK.
SHE IS GOING TO TRY AGAIN TO REMOVE MORE FLUIDS.
SHE IS IN GOD'S HANDS AND THE VET IS TAKING EXCELLENT CARE OF HER.
KEEP PRAYING AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ALREADY HAVE.
MY BOSS WAS ACTING FUN OF ME BECAUSE I WAS UPSET ABOUT A DOG. I TOLD HIM TINY WAS NOT A DOG SHE IS MY DAUGHTER.
SHE EVEN HAS HER OWN BEDROOM.
HE STARTED SNIFFELING AND I JUST WANTED TO CRY.
IT IS SO NICE TO KNOW THAT MY FRIENDS HERE UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL ABOUT HER AND ARE NOT MAKING FUN OF ME.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE, PRAYERS AND SUPPORT.
I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW SHE IS WHEN I PICK HER UP AFTER WORK TODAY XOXBARB
TINY IS NOT DOING GOOD TODAY. SHE DOESN'T WANT TO EAT...NOT EVEN FOOD SHE ISN'T SUPPOSE TO HAVE.
I AM TAKING HER TO THE VET.
YOU ALL KNOW HOW IMPORTANT SHE IS TO US.
PLEASE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND SAY A PRAYER FOR TINY.
I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I GET HOME FROM THE VET WHAT SHE SAID....
I AM SOOO UPSET.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
I got this in an email and decided to do it here...
1. Where were you when the ball dropped for 2007?
Rick and I were snuggled up in our new huge living room watchin tv like two little old people LOL
2. How did you get the idea for your aol Journal name?
When I started my journal I was a waitress. And I just love angels so I just put them together. I would change it but how does AgentAngel sound?
3. What are you listening to write now?
The hum of my computer, refrigerator and heater.
4. Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry?
5. What color underwear are you wearing? white with pink hearts
6. Do you live in a zoo? no I work in one :)
7. What did you do this morning? I sang for 30 minutes. Fought with Tiny for ten minutes trying to coax her to take her medicine and went to work.
8. What does your mom do for a living?
My Mom is a retired coach and PE teacher
9. Where do you work? In an insurance office
10. What are your favorite smells? Brownies, Cinamon, and Coffee
11. What are the last two digits of your phone number? 16
12. What was the last concert you attended? too long ago to remember but maybe it was Bad Company
13. Who was with you? hubby
14. What was the last movie you watched? 3:10 to Yuma
15. What do you dislike at the moment?
16. What do you crave right now? sleep
17. Did you dream last night? Can not recall.
18. What was the last TV show you watched? COPS
19. What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
The ring my Mom just gave me. It is two pearls surrounded by diamonds. Her and Dad got it on a trip they went on together....
20. Name someone on your Top 8 who is just like you?
No one is just like me.....
21. Who is your best friend of the opposite sex? Rick
22. Who last IM’d you? It has been awhile
23. Are you on any medication? just say no to drugs
24. What side of the bed do you sleep on? right
25. What color shirt are you wearing? black and aqua
26. What color is your razor? pink
27. What is your favorite frozen treat? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream and Ultimate Pizza
8. How many tattoos/piercings do you have? 2...my ears
29. What are your favorite stores? World market (hi Lisa) HEB...
30. Are you thirsty right now? yes
31. Can you imagine yourself ever getting married? I am married
32. Who’s someone you haven’t seen in awhile and miss? My friend Denise who moved to Mass. and my friend TJ who moved to Fritch Texas
33. What did you do last night? Watched tv with Rick and played on the computer
34. Do you care what people think about you? More than I should
35. Have you ever done something to instigate trouble? who me?
36. Do you like your nose? it's ok.....
37. What color is your room? Pepto Bismal Pink....I hate that color!!
38. When was the last time you worked out? I did three stretches today...
39. Do you like pedicures? never had one
40. Where do you live? Texas
41. Are you an aggressive driver? no ..LOL
42. Who is your cell phone carrier? AT &T and Cingular
43. Do you like the person who posted this last? absolutely
44. Do you know their birthday? Nope
45. What is the thing you’d most want to change about yourself? you tell me what do I need to change? :)
47. What do you smell like right now? LOL a person?
48. What is your favorite color? Aqua
49. Do you like mustard? honey mustard
50. What do you tell yourself when times get hard? Let Go and Let God
51. Would you ever sky dive? Never say never....
52. What do you sleep on? my side
53. Have you ever bid for something on eBay? NO
54. What do you think of Angelina Jolie being pregnant? I am still mad at her for stealing Brad
55. Do you enjoy giving hugs? sure!
56. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable? I think so....but others might not
57. Do you own a digital camera? Yes
58. What celebrities have you been compared to? Phoebee, (Lisa Kudrow) Cher
59. What does your 19th test message say? too tired to go find phone
60. How ’bout your 30th? ...I said!!!!
61. Who did you hang out with last night? Rick and Tiny
62. What are you doing this Saturday? as least as possible
Mom was getting swamped with calls from strangers. The reason? A medical billing service had launched an 800 number that was identical to hers. When she called to complain, they told her to get a new number. "I've had mine for twenty years," she pleaded. "Couldn't you change yours?" They refused. So Mom said, "Fine. From now on I'm going to tell everyone who calls that their bill is paid in full." The company got a new number the next day.
SPEAKING OF PHONE CALLS....
Today when I was at work this guy called me to get a quote on his car insurance. He didn't have some of the information required to do a quote so I asked him to call me back whenever he had the info. He said...ok what's your number there?....um you just called it!!!
:) how funny it that?
A burglar breaks into a house. He starts shining his light around looking for valuables. Some nice things catch his eye, as he reaches for them, he hears, "Jesus is watching you." Startled, the burglar looks for the speaker. Seeing no one, he keeps putting things in his bag, again, he hears, "Jesus is watching you." This time, he sees a parrot.
"Who are you?" the burglar asks.
"Moses," the bird replied.
"Who the heck would name a bird Moses?" the man laughed.
"I dunno," Moses answered," I guess the same kind of people that would name a Rottweiler Jesus."
Monday, January 7, 2008
got this from Dawn, who got it from Russ, and thought I'd play along for once. I usually don't do meme's but this one is cool. So play along if you want to.
1. Where is your cell phone? COUCH
2. Boyfriend/girlfriend? husband
3. Your hair? BLONDE
4. Your mother? AMAZING
5. Your father? WISE
6. Your favorite thing? COMPUTER
7. Your dream last night? FORGOTTEN
8. Your favorite drink? DIETPEPSI
9. Your dream car? MUSTANG
10. The room you're in? LIVINGROOM
11. Your ex? DRUGGIE
12. Your fear? DEATH
13. Your favorite number? 7
14. Where were you last night? BED
15. What you're not doing right now? WORKING
16. Muffins? BLUEBERRY
18. GREW UP IN? TEXAS
19. The last thing you did? SANG
20. What are you wearing? CLOTHES
21. Your TV? BIG
22.Your pet or pets? TINY
23. Your computer? LIFELINE
24.Your Life? CHALLENGE
25.Your Mood? SLEEPY
26. Missing someone? ERIC
27. (not included so I added...) On your feet? SOCKS
28. Your car? CHRISTI'S
29. Your work? BUSY
30. (also not here, so...) Favorite flower? DAISY
31. Like someone? many
32. Your favorite color? AQUA
33. When is the last time you laughed? TODAY
That was fun! I hope some of you play along!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!!!!!
Today Jan 5 was Eric's 24th birthday! He and his cousin Emily were born 24 years ago nine hours apart.
Emily was born first at 9:00am and Eric was born at 1:10 that afternoon. We call them the twin cousins
Emily went camping for her birthday.
Eric had to stay in Austin for work. He called me and we had a few conversations. This is the first year of his lige that I was not with him for his birthday :(
He said he bought a cake and candles and sang to himself....I almost started crying.
I love this kid so much.
He is doing great at his job.
I am soooo proud of him.
Happy Birthday Eric I love you!!!
I HAVE OVER 1000 SONGS RECORDED NOW.... HERE IS ONE SONG FROM EACH MONTH. I PICKED THE FIRST ONE I SANG OF EACH MONTH. LISTEN IF YOU LIKE....DON'T IF YOU DONT WANT TO :)
YOU AINT WOMAN ENOUGH TO TAKE MY MAN
WOULD YOU GO WITH ME
EVERYBODY PLAYS THE FOOL
DON'T CRY OUTLOUD
LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE
STILL LOVIN YOU
FEELS LIKE TODAY
LOOKIN THROIUGH THE EYES OF LOVE
BLUE SUEDE SHOES
YODELIN BLUES CHNAGED THE WORDS LOL
LET IT SNOW
ENJOY :0)...(or not)
I got this idea from Guido who got it from Linda.
The idea is to do a short review of last year by going into your archives and picking the first sentence you did on your first posting for each month
This weeks song is dedicated to my parents. God looked down from Heaven and found his two most perfect people and made them my Mom and Dad. Thank you God for giving me such wonderful loving parents.
Well look who is making an entry! Me!
Me Singing you a Foolish Song For April Fools Day! Enjoy!!! xox Barbara
While I am on let me just say that I am ok and well.
Sorry I haven't been around much....Mostly bad news so I will wait until things improve
A SONG FOR YOU TODAY
It's me...you know Miss Barbara
Eric found a job!
O M G....
I WAS TAKING A NAP TODAY....WAIT I DON'T WANT TO YELL..... WELLL I DO BUT....
Yep I'ts Another One
Hey! What is this? A serious entry from me?
Gotta make it short and sweet though.
Friday, January 4, 2008
After serious & cautious consideration.....your contract of friendship has been renewed for the New Year 2008!
It was a very hard decision to make. So try not to screw it up!!!
My Wish for You in 2008
May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ...........
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
testing again tomorrow.....prayers please...:) 12:00 noon....
Tiny is getting adjusted to her new medicine. She gets a little dizzy and is peeing everywhere, but her tummy seems like it is getting smaller.
Thanks for your love, support and prayers.
Love you all xoxBarb