Tuesday, October 31, 2006
At first I was sad because this is my first Halloween without Eric.
He lives in his own place now 2 hours away. He had a party. It was him, his new girlfriend and 2 of her friends.
Rick barbequed some great fajitas
I went to the end of our road and gave candy to the trick or treaters that passed by.
No one came to my door because we live way in the back down a long dark scary road.
I had fun afterall.
Then I went and saw that I had won 1st place in the Halloween Photo contest. YEAH
I am tired now and have to go and wash my hair.
I have to be at work tomorrow at 5am.
Happy Halloween 2006!!!
If you come to my house to trick or treat today and say trick or treat?
I am going to say...oh thank you I will take a treat and reach into your bag and find the best piece of candy...open it and eat it.
If you say one word I will trick you by saying look over there and then grabbing the whole bag and closing my door to finish off the treats.
You can't teach an old dog new tricks!!!!
Happy Halloween AHHHHHA
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Photo Scavenger Hunt #94 from Krissy at; http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink/
will be due on Sunday, October 29, at 11:00 PM EST
Type what comes to your mind first when you hear these 35 words. Don't think and don't go back to change. Doesn't matter how random, just type it!
1. Cigarettes: bad habit causes sickness but people smoke anyway knowing that it could kill them.
2. Sex: if you are happily married it is a good thing that God created to bring us closer together and to form a bond. Not for the spur of the moment fly by night.Just kidding about this picture Mom Laugh Out Loud!!!!!
3. Relationships: work when both people are on the same page and commited and give each other a hand up and doesn't work if you don't.
4. Your first boyfriend: broke my heart. But God showed me that he wasn't the one...Thank God for unanswered prayers....
5. Power Rangers: Powder Puff girls
7. Crack: step on one and you could break your mothers back. I really believed this as a child and was really careful not to.
8. Food: it doesn't matter how much or how little you eat. If you are a woman it is going to go straight to your gut and butt. If you are a man you can eat as much as you want and it goes away....
9. The President: I prefer not to say.
10. War: a senseless tragedy....why can't we all just follow the rules and get along. Growing up we are taught by our parents to respect each other...if we would just follow that great advice there would be no need for war....
11. Cars: get you to where you need to be. And once you have parked them and walk away who knows what you drive unless you tell them. I would rather not have the monthly bill. I love my car. It is paid off and gets me where I need to be.
12. Gas Prices: go up close to the holidays when they know more people will be travelling. I fill up when the price is low and pray that I don't run out when it is high....
13. Halloween: should be a fun safe activity for children with trick or treating, carnivals and pumpkins. Without having to worry about the evil people who are out to harm them.
14. Bon Jovi: old hippy
15. Religion: I believe that Jesus died on the cross to save me from my sins and he lives in my heart. If I don't read it in the Bible, I don't care who says it. I only try to live my life by the original rules God gave us.
16. MySpace: this is my space and that is yours.
17. Worst Fear: I used to have a driving phobia, but my son moved away and I either had to get over it or not see him as much. So now I say FEAR NOT. All things are possible with God. And just breathe!!!!
18. Marriage: A rollercoaster. Find a good partner and strap yourself in for life and hold on tight. You might experience some bumps along the way, but the ride is thrilling.
19. Paris Hilton: she's hot...that was my first reaction. Actually I kinda feel sorry for these little rich girls.
20. Brunettes: was born one
20. Blondes: became one and they do have more fun....plus you can get away with alot more as they will all say...she is just a blonde.LOL
21. Redheads: temper
22: Politics: a bunch of men trying to be boss
23: Pass the time: deciding what activity I want to do before I have to get ready for work....
24: Cell Phone: can't leave home without it. My connection to my son and parents.
25: Pet Peeves: rude people. Why????must you be rude and when I say Hi look at me like I cussed at you.
26: Pixie Stix:stained palms
27: Vanilla Ice cream: Grandma Harvengt
28: Porta Potties:only if I am desparate.....I have learned I can actually wait a LONG time....
29: High school: Paul Black
30. Pajamas: love to wear and be nice and toasty under a blanket
31. Wood: Could Should????
32. Wet Socks: get some dry ones!!!!
33. Pictures: yesterdays memories
35. Video Game: fun and take hours to play.
I guess I am more serious today....I do have my moments!
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Mommy decided to dress me up in one of Erics old baby shirts. I was kinda cold so I agreed and let her put it on me without a fuss.
We went to show Daddy and he said if I had a red hat I would look like one of those monkeys.
I thought that was rude!
It was warmer though so I didn't mind one bit.
That was last night...I now sit in the bathroom in time out because I went outside and rolled in some cat poop. Mommy and Daddy hate it when I smell like that so she gave me a bath.
I got her back though because when my bath was over I shook water all over Mommy.
And the next time I go outside I will find that poop again just to show her and then I will jump up on her pillow when she is not looking and give her something to be mad about.
It's a dogs life......... Tiny
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Dear Mrs. Fenton,
Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and may ban both of you in the near future. We have documented all the incidents on our video surveillance equipment. All the complaints against Mr. Fenton are listed below.
1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to
go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor
leading to the restrooms.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in
an official tone, "Code 3 in Housewares" .... and watched what happened.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and asked to put a bag of M&M's on layaway.
6. September 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
7. September 15: Set up a tent in the camping
department and told other shoppers he'd invite them in if they'll bring pillows from the Bedding
8. September 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him, he began to cry and asked, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?'
9. October 4: Looked right into the security camera;
used it as a mirror, and picked his nose.
10. November 10: While handling guns in the Hunting
department, asked the clerk if he knew where the antidepressants are.
11. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously
and loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.
12. December 6: In the auto department, practiced his
"Madonna look" using different size funnels.
13. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when
people browse through,yelled "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"
14. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed the fetal position and screamed "NO ! NO! It's those voices again!!!!"
And last, but not least ....
15. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the
door, waited awhile,then yelled very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here!"
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
1. Grab the nearest book. If you are currently reading something, that'll be fine too.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet I know that is what you were thinking!
6. Tag 5 people
Al wound up and then he threw a perfect pitch. The pack landed in the waste basket, a perfect dunk shot hit it's center. There was a hush in the room. All work stopped.
Taken from page 123 of Church Mouse written by my Dad Robert F. Cullum-Th.D
If you haven't done it you are now officially tagged!!!!
Monday, October 23, 2006
At Port Aransas for a whole wonderful week!
Monday we were going to camp out in the car...I paid the extra money to stay in the room instead!
We always stay in #7. I like it the best. It has a nice porch.
Two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and bathroom.
There was a new couch this year. And new appliances in the kitchen.
If I could only learn how to cook on an electric stove!!!!
We love it here.
Twenty five years ago we stayed at A Laughing Horse Lodge on our honeymoon....only then it was called Seahorse Lodge.
We fished alot on this trip. I fished every night but one. Rick got up early every morning and went fishing.
I stayed back and had a nice morning with coffee and a great book. I am reading Fern Michaels book "Yesterday" a great beach read.
We walked along the beach and it was so nice and clean.
We shopped in the shops and bought the usually jewlery and some sweatshirts one day because it was actually cool at the beach!
We had a great time.
I thought about all of you often!
More pictures coming soon to a computer near you!
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Monday, October 16, 2006
I am sending you an Angel to watch over you through your week. Smile, he/she will intervene and take the brunt of your fights this week and allow you to look for GOD's blessings. Besides, this is a beautiful picture and you will smile when you see it.
I Love You All!!! xox Barbara
P>S> Don't forget me!!!!
What is your favorite chore to do? Least favorite?
My favorite chore to do is......sweeping but only if there is alot of dirt to sweep up so that I feel like I am accomplishing something.
My least favorite chore is washing the dishes, and cleaning out the refrigerator. Cleaning the toilet is pretty disgusting too.
I need a maid......
Hope you guys have a great week!!!!!
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Saturday, October 14, 2006
I found this over at Just Mary and thought I would play along!
C'mon... everyone do it... just copy and paste and finish the sentence with your own thoughts!
Rainy days ~ and Mondays always get me down, but not this week!!!!
My favorite toy ~ my computer
Symbiosis is ~ a word I don't know and don't care either LOL
Your enemy will ~ be prayed for by me.
Your friend will ~ always be on your side
I will never ~ say never
I share ~ because I learned how in kindergarden
Every time I ~ look into the mirror I frown
My biggest mistake ~waiting too long to see a doctor!!
An open book ~ should be read
Give me ~ a break
As John Pattrick Henry said.... "Who?"
I admire ~ my parents~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I tag you all! ;-D
Okay so yesterday I tried everything. I tried the tea bags, soaked in hot and cold water...
I tried honey.
I tried potato/
I tried doing nothing...for about 30 minutes LOL
And then I went to bed/
I woke up this morning and my eye was huge!!!! Rick made me go to the eye doctor. He looked at it with his special equiptment and told me that yes indeed it was a syte.
It is on the upper lid of my eye. It is in the middle of a tear duct.
He told me to use a warm compress, but not to press in on my eye.
He said I had really bruised my eye trying to fix it myself and that he was only a phone call away......
He gave me a discount. He gave me a note to work as it is contagious to other people.
I went to turn in the doctors notice and my boss..Mr.KB said that even though I had a doctors notice no absentences were excused from gettin a write up. So I have one for yesterday and one for tomorrow. After three they can fire you.
I do not think this is fair especially since I went to the doctor and it is not like I could work and expose people to an eye infection ., I am a cashier in a grocery store. I scan peoples food! This would surely spread germs!!!!
Anyway Rick said if I got fired from this job because of this that it wouldn't matter. I need a different job anyway if this is how they handle sickness.
Mind you I am never late to work and have never missed a day before yesterday....
Anyway...the doctor gave me a prescription for an antibotic to put on my eye lid in the morning and at night. With instructions to put a warm compress on my eye for 10 to 15 minutes.
So here is how it all worked out
Doctors Appointment $40.00
Money Lost Due To Missing Work $90.00
So I will have to catch up on your journals as I can because I am only looking with one eye.
Thanks for all the advice.
If this happens......just go to the doctor!
I guess I am just celebratin Halloween early as I look like Igor.....
Friday, October 13, 2006
OW!!!! I can't even see because I have one contact in and one contact out.
How do you get rid of a stye on the inside of your top eyelid?
I had to call in today at work because I didn't want to scare young children and old people.
I have already tried hot compresses....maybe I need a solution for doing this better.
I put a wet wash cloth in the microwave and nuked it for 10 seconds but it doesn't stay hot long enough.
I put honey on it before I went to bed last night.
It was even bigger than this this morning.
I even washed it with no tear baby shamppoo.
It Has to be gone by Sunday!
If you don't know the answer to this dilema I would appreciate anyone doing research on it and emailing it to MastersBLynn@aol.com
This is an emergency
Next week I will be going on a mini vacation and would REALLY like to be stye fuled. Styeless.....
Thursday, October 12, 2006
While on the way home, a bus full of first and second graders broke down while driving across these railroad tracks. Rather than going to look for help, the driver told the children to get off the bus and push it across the tracks; they were struck down by a train. Now it is said that if one drives to the site and puts the car in neutral, it will be pushed over the tracks. Allegedly if one spreads baby powder on the back of the car before going to the site, he will see fingerprints when he leaves.
Growing up here my friends and I went many times to try this.
We got fingerprints every time!
All the streets around this track are named after the children who died.
Happy Haunting! Hope to see you soon!
Here is a treat for you!
Sorry I yelled at Tiny here...but she was fixin to bite a kitty cat.... xox Barbara
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Sunday, October 8, 2006
Happy Birthday Christi! You would be 39 years old today. I miss you so much!
We had a great childhood together and I wouldn't trade a minute of it.
It will be 4 years since you have gone to Heaven on October 22.
I wish you were here to celebrate your birthday.
I hope the angels sang you a special birthday song.
I miss you and will always keep you close to me in my heart.
Life is so different without you.
There is a light that has left.
But you would be angry at me for that so on I shall go.
I will live for the years you missed. I will love unconditionally, and I will laugh and smile for you.
The tears still come my way when I think about you being gone, but I know you want me to be happy, so I will be.
So here is a poem for you sent to Heaven from Earth.
Having you around me
All of my young days
Probably is the reason
People see my light along the way
You will always be my greatest memory.
Because of you, I sing
I know that you can hear me
Remember that I love you
Today and for always
How I long to hug you
Dreams bring you close sometimes
And we can be together
You travel through my mind.
Christi, you are my guardian angel now
How safe I feel
Remembering the good times
I love you, ever still
So as I say goodnight to you
Talk to me in my dreams
I will be waiting to see you again.
This is also the one year anniversary of the day that we lost Jacob. He was in a motorcycle accident one year ago today. He went to meet Christi on her birthday last year. I am sure she met him at the gate and made him feel welcome.
I miss them both, but it helps to know that they have each other.
God bless you all and remember to take the extra time to be with your family because, you never really know how much time you have.
Christi got sick in May and was gone by October.
Jacob was perfectly healthy one minute and gone in the blink of an eye.
Wednesday, October 4, 2006
will be due on Sunday. October 8, at 11:00 PM EST.
The subject this week is: sunrises and sunsets
Sunday, October 1, 2006
This was a great party for kids! Bryndon was so cute! Everytime someone came in he would yell, "Happy Birthday!"
I think he has it confused with Christmas where it is everyones birthday!
The first present he opened was clothes. He said...I don't want that! Where are the toys!
He loved the dinosaurs I got him but he got alot of really nice presents.
He even got a Sponge Bob Television...13 inch color!
Wow I didn't get my own color tv until after I was married.!
I am going to try and post a cute movie I made of him next.
HOpe you had fun at the party!!!
Baby Shower Mad Lib Story<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Emily stopped everything she was doing when she felt
a sudden painful contraction in her nose. Of course,
the first thing she did was go to the football field and jump, to keep her mind off of the discomfort.
When the contractions became more frequent, David suggested that she love, till she knew for sure if
she was in labor. She speedily declined. She
was sure it was time to go to Heaven and give
birth to her fat_ baby.
Before leaving she called the teacher and said she
would be leaving right after she talked. Within
32 minutes of hanging up the phone, she was tothe point
where she could not even run during a
contraction. When David walked into the
nursery and saw her on her hands and knees
wiggling, he said “we are going NOW!” and quickly packed
up the truckand got everything ready.
The drive to Heaven was fast_.
When Emily arrived, the teacher_ examined
her. She was ___172_ cms dilated and the baby's
____ear______ was right there. The teacher suggested she try learning through a few contractions.
It worked! Her shotgun broke. _22___ more pushes and a loud "David!!!" later, the baby was born.
Baby Aiden Jacob was so perfect, with a
delicious Thumb, and 38 fingers
and toes. Everyone noticed immediately that the baby had his/her
father's belly and his/her mother's
pinkie. He weighed _3___ pounds,
13_ounces and was 7 inches long.
Now I am going to press save before I lose it again!!!!