Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Comment from mtrib2 - 1/29/06 4:44 PM
a metal stool..?? lol
Comment from alphamoon65 - 1/29/06 4:00 PM
Ok, looks like the red part on the top is a fifties shiny vinyl sparkly chair and the bottom looks like wood... it's going to be a coffee table? A footstool? And the bag under it all looks like someone's snack... it's probably growing by now. Okay, I give up, tell us what it is please. Hugs,
Lisa : ) (This is kinda fun and addicting guessing what these things are...)
Comment from randlprysock - 1/28/06 8:29 PM
wow what is that, I'm sure it's something simple but I have no idea. LOL. Even when I have an idea I'm way off base anway. I'll think about it and try to answer. I love your games. They are always fun. Thank you.
Comment from am4039 - 1/28/06 6:53 PM
looks like dough rising in a bag some place.....
Comment from lv2trnscrb - 1/28/06 5:03 PM
Comment from robinngabster - 1/28/06 3:33 PM
How about a Lantern.lol my first guess was a hamster cage you know one of them rotostacks.
Comment from rocketman685434 - 1/28/06 3:13 PM
Comment from jckfrstross - 1/28/06 2:10 PM
camp lantern ????
Comment from mawmellow - 1/28/06 2:03 PM
Could it be some sort of Blending machine
Comment from rocketman685434 - 1/28/06 2:01 PM
This is a long shot, but it looks like a blender......
Comment from hadonfield78 - 1/28/06 1:57 PM
I got this from a new friend I have found. She is one of this weeks editor picks. I was reading through her journal...which BTW is priceless. And I decided to do an entry from what I found there X marks the spot.
Play along with me!
This could be fun! Copy & paste to your journal. Adjust the x's so there is an X by all the things you have done.If you dont' mind, send me a link, so I can read your list,except if you've done the last one , then I dont' wanna know!
The object is simple: Put an x next to the things you've done:
( x) smoked a cigarette (unfortunately)
( x) smoked a cigar (once but only one puff~gross!)( ) made out with a member of the same sex NO WAY!
(x) been in love
( x) been dumped
(x) stolen a big red and a bag of cheetoes in the sixth grade...I felt so guilty I couldn't even eat them and cried all the way home. The next day I went back and told the man I had stolen from him....he was very nice about it and told me if I was ever hungry after school to just talk to him and he would give me credit. I was too embarassed and never went back to his store. Never stole again....not worth it.
( x) been fired when I first moved to Lytle I was "let go" from a couple of places because of a man who was against me for reasons I do not know. Finally I called him and asked him to leave me alone and that I needed a job and asked him what his problem was. He acted all innocent, but I could tell he was behind it. I think he had confused me with someone else
(X) been in a fight I lost
( ) snuck out of my parent's house are you kidding me? no way!
(x) had feelings for someone who didn't have them back (too many heartbreaks to tell about)
( ) been arrested NOPE NEVER WILL BE EITHER!
(x ) made out with a stranger no comment
(x ) gone on a blind date What a dork I got set up with!
( ) lied to a friend
(X) had a crush on a teacher Coach Skinner!!!! Babe
(x) skipped school ( Mom caught me too ) :(
( ) slept with a coworker
( ) seen someone die
( ) had a crush on one of your blogging friends
() been to Canada
(x ) been to Mexico (when I was three)
(x) been on a plane (three times)
( ) thrown up in a bar
( ) purposely set a part of myself on fire
( x) eaten Sushi (just a taste EWW Eric loves this stuff!)
( ) been snowboarding
( ) met someone in person from the blogosphere
( ) been hxc dancing at a show (hxc? I have no idea what that means!)
( ) been in an abusive relationship
(x) taken painkillers
(x) love someone or miss someone right now
(x) laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by
( ) made a snow angel (Ihave never seen that much snow)
( ) had a tea party
(x) flown a kite I love to do this Let's Go Fly A Kite!
(x ) built a sand castle
(x ) gone puddle jumping
( x) played dress up
(x) jumped into a pile of leaves
( ) gone sledding
(x) cheated while playing a game
(x) been lonely
(x) fallen asleep at work/school (there is a picture of me in my yearbook with my head on my desk fast asleep LOL)
( ) used a fake id
(x) watched the sun set
( ) felt an earthquake
(x) touched a snake
(x) slept beneath the stars
(x) been tickled
(X ) been robbed (Not a happy story )
(x) been misunderstood
(x) pet a reindeer/goat (at the zoo)
(x) won a contest (costume contests!!!)
(x) run a red light (by accident when I was lost and freaking out!
( ) been suspended from school for skipping?
(x) been in a car accident
( ) had braces
(x) felt like an outcast
( ) eaten a wholepint of ice cream in one night
(x) had deja vu (all the time..I could be having it now)
( x) danced in the moonlight
(x) hated the way you look
(x ) witnessed a crime
( ) pole danced
() questioned your heart
( ) been obsessed with post-it notes
( x) squished barefoot through the mud
(x) been lost
( ) been to the opposite side of the country
(x ) swam in the ocean
(x) felt like dying (not anymore don't worry)
(x) cried yourself to sleep
( ) played cops and robbers (no but we played Army)
( x) recently colored with crayons/colored pencils/markers
( x) sung karaoke every chance I get!
(x) paid for something with only coins
(x) done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(x ) made prank phone calls
( x) laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
( ) caught a snowflake on your tongue
(x) danced in the rain
(x) written a letter to Santa Claus
(x) been kissed under a mistletoe
(x ) watched the sun set with someone you care about
(x) blown bubbles
( ) made a bonfire But I enjoy them
( ) crashed a party
(x ) gone roller-skating
(x) had a wish come true
( ) worn pearls
(x ) jumped off a bridge
( ) ate dog/cat food
( ) told a complete stranger you loved them
(x) kissed a mirror
(x) sang in the shower
( x) have a little black dress
(x) had a dream that you married someone
( ) glued your hand to something
( ) got your tongue stuck to a flag pole
( ) kissed a fish
(x ) worn the opposite sexes clothes
(x ) been a cheerleader
(x) sat on a roof top
( x) screamed at the top of your lungs
( x) done a one-handed cartwheel (still can!)
( ) talked on the phone for more than 6 hours
(x) stayed up all night
( ) didn't take a shower for a week
( ) pick and ate an apple right off the tree
(x) climbed a tree
( ) had a tree house wanted one though!
(x ) are too scared to watch scary movies alone
(x) believe in ghosts
( ) have more then 30 pairs of shoes
( ) worn a really ugly outfit to school just to see what others say
( ) gone streaking
( ) played ding-dong-ditch
(x ) played chicken [in the pool]
(x) been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on
( x) been told you're hot by a complete stranger
(x ) broken a bone
(x) been easily amused
(x ) caught a fish then ate it
( ) made porn
(x ) caught a butterfly
(x) laughed so hard you cried
( x) cried so hard you laughed
( ) mooned/flashed someone
(x) had someone moon/flash you
( ) cheated on a test
( ) have a Britney Spears CD
(x) forgotten someone's name
(x) slept naked
( ) French braided someone's hair (I wish I knew how)
( ) gone skinny dippin in a pool
( ) been kicked out of your house
( ) ridden a horse bareback
( ) eaten a lobster you caught yourself
( ) killed another human being
Honesty is the best policy..... Barbara
Monday, January 30, 2006
Anyone interested in knowing more about my Dad's book or how to get it...let me know. It is about his experiences working as a Chaplain at A mental hospital. A page turner.
The second picture is my Dad's military picture
Doesn't Eric look just like him?
Erics' graduation picture from High School
Rick and Eric. They are very close and have different conversations when Mom is not around... guy stuff...
I am glad they are so close.
I love these three guys so much
Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Bandera, Texas. After last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car which he fell into.
He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a fine, dry summer night) flicked the blinkers on, then off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patron vehicles left. At last, the parking lot was empty, he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive slowly down the road. The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the man over and carried out a breathalyzer test.
To his amazement the breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed any alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."
"I doubt it," said the truly proud Texan. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy "
The Photo Scavenger Hunt #60 entries will be due next Sunday, February 5, 2006 at 11:00 P.M. EST.
Category: Books (thanks to my good friend Jaymi over at Throw Me a Bone)
Leave a link in the comment section below to the journal entry for this.
Written by lv2trnscrb go visit her to play and leave a comment about it so we can see yours.
I went to visit Robin and she was Just wondering... so I thought I would tell her what I thought. If you want to meet one of the nicest, sweetest people in Jland, go visit Robin and you will be blessed.
Here is what she was wondering about and this is what I think:
1. Do you put your clean glasses away upside down in the cupboard or upside right?
Well I put away my glasses by my bed table that way when I wake up in the morning and want to see they are right there.
Actually that is not true...I wear contact lenses.
And when I did wear glasses as a child they were hardly ever clean.
2. When you eat sunflower seeds do you eat the whole thing...shell included or spit out the shell?
It depends on my mood and where I am. If I am out in the open I can spit them suckers clean across Nebraska. But this is only if I am alone. Not very lady like to spit. If I don't have anywhere to put the shells I will eat the whole thing. Some times you feels like a nut, sometimes you don't.
3. Why is real butter more expensive? Shouldn't fake butter cost more cause it has more ingredients in it?
Real butter cost more because it is real. Fake butter isn't really butter at all now is it.
4. Does the ink in the newspaper bother you?
Not really, only when I fall asleep reading it and it leaves a dark smudge on my face and people start laughing at me and pointing, now people that is just rude!
5. Why do they have to put those nasty end pieces of bread in a loaf? Nobody eats them.
Hey!!! Those are called heels and make the best soaker for grease at the bottom of a meat loaf. And they help to keep the rest of the bread from drying out. And if all you have to make a sandwich with is two heels, wouldn't you use them? We all have our place in this world. Some of us are heels. We keep everything together and some of us are the center piece.
6. Does the blood rush to the heads of the people who live on the under side of the planet? I mean they are upside down aren't they?
Maybe it is us that are upside down. I feel this way very early in the morning when I wake up.
7. Why does it matter if there is anything living on Mars? Are we ever gonna live there?
Now this is just silly...who could live on a candy bar?
8. Who started the whole rumor about a pot of gold being at the end of the rainbow?
It is not a rumor....I am still looking for it, a girl has to dream you know. I suppose next you are going to say that the tooth fairy is a figment of my imagination. This is not true! I have seen her and I think I could be related because she looks alot like my Mom
9. Why do we call beds "Queen" size and "King" size? Did a queen sleep in that size bed? Did the King always get the biggest one? And a twin....what's that all about? Do twins sleep in that size?
I don't pretend to know everything. I guess this is something we will just have to wait until we get to Heaven to ask.
10. Why do I have such a simple mind? And why do these things keep me awake at night?
You are not simpleminded. My parents always taught me if you have a question, you should raise your hand high and ask out loud in a clear voice so everyone can hear you.....and if you get that look like I got all through school, just ignore it.
I hope I helped Robin, if you have any more questions......you know what to do!
Sunday, January 29, 2006
THE BLONDE AND THE LORD
A blonde wanted to go ice fishing. She'd seen many books on the subject, and finally getting all the necessary tools together, she made for the ice. After positioning her comfy footstool, she started to make a circular cut
in the ice. Suddenly, from the sky, a voice boomed,
"THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE."
Startled, the blonde moved further down the ice, poured a thermos of cappuccino, and began to cut yet another hole. Again from the heavens the voice bellowed,
"THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE."
The blonde, now worried, moved away, clear down to the opposite end of the ice. She set up her stool once more and tried again to cut her hole.
The voice came once more,
"THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE."
She stopped, looked skyward, and said,
"IS THAT YOU LORD?"
The voice replied,
"NO, THIS IS THE MANAGER OF THE HOCKEY RINK."
There.....now I feel better! Barbara
When I first started my journal I was a waitress. In one of my entrys I wrote some tips that helped me to improve my tips. I thought I would be kind and pass my "knowledge" on to young new waitresses. Today I had a negative comment in my journal about this entry. Here is what she was negative about
3. Do it before they ask. Have the check ready. Bring extra napkins to the table. Carry out all condiments they might desire
8. Ask them if this is their first time to eat at your restaurant if you don’t know them and introduce yourself. Ask them where they are from and suggest daily specials to them.
And here is what this person wrote in my journal. Also a little side note...when I went to see who it was she left no information about herself. So maybe she will read my journal... And here is what I have to say to you Spring.....you can please some of the people some of the time....but apparently there is no pleasing you.
Being sarcastic I would have to say you were my favorite type of customer NOT
We work very hard for our tips, and we are not your slaves. Most waitresses get 2.13 plus tips.
You do not own us.....we are taking care of you while you are at our restaurant.
If you don't want to tip cook your own meals at home, wash your own dishes and go shopping for all that food we prepare for you...
Okay here are her comments....made my day I must say:
"3. Do it before they ask."
I absolutely HATE when servers bring me a refill I haven't acknowleged I wanted. I also HATE when servers bring you the check WITHOUT ASKING if you are finished. Sometimes I am NOT finished.
(I thought you didn't want us to talk to you so how can we ask your majesty if you are done?????)
"8. Ask them if this is their first time to eat at your restaurant if you don’t know them and introduce yourself. Ask them where they are from and suggest daily specials to them."
NO SMALL TALK. I came into the restaurant to be with WHO I'M DINING WITH, NOT to make FRIENDS with the wait staff. Don't introduce yourself, I'm NOT going to remember what your name is that's for sure. I'd rather them just come to the table and say "May I start y'all off with something to drink?" If you take up my time by WASTING IT, your tip will be LOWERED. I came their to eat and drink as well as dine with the person or people I am with. I DON'T want to know the wait staff or care to. I am hungry and thirsty. I want my food and drink as SOON as possible. So taking a minute to talk about daily specials that I DON'T want is WASTING my time. I don't want the waitstaff to know WHERE I'm from. That is pretty PERSONAL information to give out to someone that is a STRANGER. If the waiter or waitress wants to talk, do it AFTER the food order has been put into the computer not to DELAY someone's food.
"Dennis Riusa calls it the “part-time service mentality.” Most of you would prefer your waiters to be servers, not buddies. “I really don’t care what my waiter’s name is,” sniffs Chula Vista’s Olin Bjorsky. “I am not interested in what dishes the waiters and waitresses like,” says La Jolla’s Patricia Winter. "
Comment from springs1311 - 1/29/06 5:29 PM
Well thanks for showing us your better side. Barbara
Saturday, January 28, 2006
You guys are good at this!
Sorry Robin....we already have a winner and it is: a push broom!!!Comment Added
A comment has been posted to the Journal:
Confessions Of An Angel Waitress
Comment from: mawmellow
"broom ???" Now here are some of the other guesses...this one was fast! I can see I will have to find a harder one for you guys!!!! Comment Added
A comment has been posted to the Journal:
Confessions Of An Angel Waitress
Comment from: hadonfield78
"This looks like the side shot of carpet fibers....." great guess Hadon....but us country folk don't have no carpet! Ok now that has to be the shower curtain... lol... I'm terrible at these picture games.
Hubby says tooth brush bristles.
Have a great day!
Comment from fasttrack58 - 1/28/06 11:56 AM Look how close you were!!!! It was a sort of bristles! Would anyone like me to do another one? Or do you want to wait a whole week? I have a few more.... Barbara
Friday, January 27, 2006
And the winners are the Robin, Michael and the greatest guesser who was very close with the fish answer Gabby!!!!! Now check back next week.....or could be before for the
Barbaras Wacky Wednesday Picture Contest!!!!!!
Great answers by all....by the way
I know, I know....folding lawn chair!!! YOU GOT IT!!!
Comment from robinngabster - 1/27/06 10:49 PM
Comment from robinngabster - 1/27/06 10:26 PM
Comment from robinngabster - 1/27/06 10:26 PM
Comment from robinngabster - 1/27/06 10:24 PM Getting closer
Linda :) close!!!
Comment from fasttrack58 - 1/27/06 10:18 PM
Comment from robinngabster - 1/27/06 10:09 PM
Comment from robinngabster - 1/27/06 10:08 PM
Comment from am4039 - 1/27/06 9:40 PM
Comment from queenb8261 - 1/27/06 8:37 PM
Comment from mawmellow - 1/27/06 8:37 PM
Comment from jckfrstross - 1/27/06 8:34 PM
I will reveal the answer on Wednesday unless someone guesses first. Come on come and have a guess in my new game
Barbara's Wacky Wednesday Pictures!!!
Also another assignment from Robin and I
Take a picture of something in a wine glass.
Keep it clean cuz my parents read my journal!!!!
It's Friday and it is time for what Robin calls "THE 5'er!"
If you want to play all you do is cut and paste these questions into your journal. (there is no deadline as to when you can do "The 5'er) When you have answered them come back and leave a link in hercomment section. On the following Friday she will have a new set of questions! Have fun!
This weeks theme is...CONDIMENTS! Why? Um...I have no idea..sounded fun. lol
1. Do you snag extra condiments to take home when you eat at a fast food joint?
How else do you think I stick with my food budget of 30 dollars a week. Heck yeah, I am not proud. I draw the line at taking salt and pepper shakers though... and it is not polite to take the cheese shakers at pizza places either..not cool!
2. What is the one condiment you could not live without?
Ketchup, if I don't have it, I would rather eat a hot fudge brownie sundae with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream and a cherry with the stem on top. With lots of extra hot fudge pouring onto the plate...thanks Robin...now I am hungry for this.
3. Miracle Whip or Mayonaise?
It depends on what I am eating. In potatoe salad I like Miracle Whip/ On Ham Sandwiches or Bacon Cheeseburgers melting with swiss cheese and onion I like mayonaise
4. What is your idea of the perfect hot dog?
The "perfect" hot dog must have the following ingrediants....Hot dog (duh) toasted bun, sweet relish, onions, shredded cheese. Please let someone else have my chili cuz it makes too big of a mess. Before and after you eat it...I did not just type that.
5. Take a picture of some "stolen" condiments in your house and post it. (If you can't take a pic...take inventrory of what you have and tell me about it.) I know sometimes they aren't actually "stolen" they just give you a lot and maybe you save them in your fridge for another time.
Okay I will be right back I gotta go take some pictures....listen to the jeopardy music while I am gone, or you could sing Henry the Eighth I am....see how many times you can sing it before I come back....oh wait to save this I have to take the picture first...lucky you all you have to do is click to enlarge the picture on top!
- And that's what we call the 5 er
- Go Play already!!!! Barbara
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Got this from The World As I See It.........
1. picked flowers from someone else's lawn? God gave the flowers for all of us to enjoy! If someone else planted them, watered them and I saw them and thought "Wow! What a pretty flower!".....no I would just enjoy watching it grow in that persons yard...are you kidding me? Those women in my neighborhood could run fast and would catch you!
2. Cheated on a bf/gf? NEVER
3. Had a close friend die? Yes, one of my managers when I was a young adult. It was very hard to take because I tend to get very close to people.
4. Had a close family member die? Yes, my little sister, my papa, my grandma Harvengt and Jacob.
5. Overheard someone having a conversation with themselves? I wondered why there wasn't anyone else there....I do this myself. LOL
6. Sniffed a permanent marker to get a mini-high? not to get a mini high, just curious to know what it smelled like. Now they make markers for kids that smell like fruits!
7. Doubted your sexuality? NOT
8. Written on bathroom walls? too chicken
9. Stapled your finger? What? Who does this?10. Watched porn? No
11. Cut your own hair? All the time, that is why my bangs are so screwed up.
12. Been to Disney World? Yes! The best vacation Rick and I ever took. This was BE (before Eric) I still want to take him there!
NOW Where the HECK IS 13 people????
14.Climbed a pile of boulders so that you could say "im king of the world?" EVeryday, doesn't everyone?
15. Thrown up on a roller coaster? Ew not!
16. Danced in your underwear? Everyday!!!
17. Danced in your underwear infront of others? Not unless they were looking in the windows
18. Had a sucessful long distance relationship? For about 6 months in High School
19. Taped a "kick me" sign to someones back? Heck Yeah!
20. Ignored the 10 sec rule and ate something off the ground? Only M & M's one time...oh and also that other day...
21. Gotten your tongue stuck to something cold? do I look dumb to you?
22. Been to a fortune teller? Evil!
23.Believed a fortune teller? Evil!
24. Burnt stuff cause you were bored? Well it wasn't cuz I was bored. It was because I was trying to watch American Idol and cook at the same time.
25.Stuck gum under a table? Maybe before I knew better
26. Had the same dream more then twice? oh yeah
27. Talked to yourself on AIM? Now who is really THAT lonely?
28.Gone to the hospital for an injury you got from fireworks? No but maybe for a few other things.
29. Made a truck driver honk? All the time and I am not even trying!
30. Seen a UFO? Sure have! On the tv just the other night! And is Alf a UFO?
Well Have YOU ever?
#11 Are you happy right this minute? I try to stay happy, unless I am sad.
#21 Would you share your toothbrush with someone you loved? EWWW NO WAY if someone borrows my toothbrush it becomes theirs!
#22 Does someone love you? Yes! Ain't I blessed!
# 23 Does size matter? Does it matter to you? Why do you want to know?
#24 What kind of candy would you say closely resembles love? Almond Snickers...cuz I love them!!
#25 What closely resembles contentment to you? A peaceful nap with no phone interuptions
#26 What name symbolizes love to you? Jesus
27 Have you ever eaten cereal out of a wine glass? LOL yes when there are no bowls clean...JUSt kidding...???
#28 Do I love myself? If you don't love yourself, no one will love you.
So there you have it.
The missing link!!! Barbara
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
1. A king size water bed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.
2 If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with skateboards, they can ignite.
3. A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a
Superman cape . It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 x 20 ft. room.
5. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times
before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
6. The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.
8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9. A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old man says they can only do it in the movies.
10. Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.
11. Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
12. Super glue is forever.
13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15. VCR's do not eject "PB&J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18. You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
20. The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5-minute response time.
21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22. It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24. 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
And that's why God made Women...to make all the boys large and small BEHAVE!!!!
15 years ago...
--I was working in a Gas Station as Asst. Manager
--Eric was 7 years old
--We moved into our present house.
10 years ago...
--I was working in the library as the childrens librarian and had a second job of working at a drive through ice house
--Eric was 12 years old and in middle school and the bullys were picking on him
--Rick wasn't working outside the home much.
5 years ago...
--I was assistant manager of a restaurant
--Eric was 17 and very popular in school.
--I made my own CD
3 years ago...
Eric left home to go to Chef school :(
I was still working at the Pig :(
Christi went to Heaven :(
Rick was now working full time at a job he loves. :)
1 year ago...
Almost...I started my journal
Almost Eric had graduated from Chef school and got a high class job working in a golf country club
I was still at the Pig and Rick still loved his job
I did NOTHING and loved it
I talked to Eric 3times on the phone
--I watched American Idol, and laughed at Rhonetta.
I went to the library and to the store for new sink stoppers.
I found four clean shirts in the dryer of Ricks after his tantrum
I have to work early in the morning 7 am
I gotta pay the Electric Bill $127.68
Maybe I'll skip tomorrow....
Now if you read to this message, you are officially tagged. Don't be a cheater and not leave a comment because you don't want to play. Just leave a comment anyway and I will understand that you have more important things to do with your time than honor us by playing along. LOL Barbara
I decided I would read a little of a book that I had to take back to the library today and fell alsleep.
In the dream my Mom was driving the car reckless ly and I was sitting in the back seat with my hands over my face because I feared we were going to crash, and we were meeting my little sister Christi at the mall for pizza.
To get into the mall we had to go into this room
Inside the room was a sick child on the bed and an old couple. The old man was choking on some coffe he drank too fast when we startled him when we walked into the room. I helped him get to a chair and my Mom went on ahead to meet my sister.
After giving the couple the name of my good friend who is a lawyer I decided it was time to follow my Mom
I asked how to get to the pizza parlor and they pointed up to a hole in the ceiling
I had to get a ladder to climb up then wondered if I would fit through the small hole.
I had to hoist my self through a chute and was worried the whole time that I would not fit through the small space
I made it up and through the hole and found my cousin, Janus who I have not seen since she was the age of 9 and died of cancer on the other side of the hole.
I asked her where my Mom was and she said she was with my sister.
We went through a hospital of very sick people pushing two rolling chairs so that we would have a place to sit in the waiting room of the pizza place.
Finally I was handed a slice of pipeing hot pepperoni/sausage pizza and was just taking a huge delicious bite when
my phone rang and woke me up.
This is the last time I fall asleep during the day instead of doing what I had planned for the day.
I wonder what it means? Do all dreams have meaning or do we just dream crazy sometimes?
Dang and that was really good pizza too.
Guess what we are having for supper tonight?
Both my sister Christi and Janus are residents in Heaven now.
Mom and I are still here among the living.
"Playing music from the Twilight Zone"
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
I had a lot of great guesses. But I stumped you all...get it? I stumped ya LOLmushrooms; but then it looks like burnt paper.
betty (very good imagination with the paper thing)
Mushrooms? Deformed soft tacos?
Lisa (deformed soft tacos? LOL) Would you believe...........................
Clams on the half shell ???? (have you eaten?)
Hadon wood shavings? (close!)
Comment from Marla- Leaves?? or bedspread:)
Deb (bedspread....good one!)
mushrooms and/ or bark from a white birch tree ??? (she was the closest with the bark thing...good eye...but no cigar!)
Comment from mawmellow
This was the only red thing I could find. I almost took a picture of my work shirt, but I am off today. No shoes, no shirt, no work! This one is for you too Jessica. I will take more flower pictures later....do you know it is winter time here?
I found a bunch of cute things to take pictures of but none of them were red. I had to put in the pictures of the kitty and Tinys new boyfriend...And yes I know they aren't red. LOL Barbara
Mirrors? Mirror on the wall! It's so hard to catch you and not see me at all. I had to stand over to the side. And then kept getting my arm every time I tried.
Finally at last I got this shot. So make it larger instead of looking at this little dot.
Okay, okay...I'm not a poet...but like I know I'm not but who are you? I'm like rubber your like glue taking a picture of a mirror is hard not to get more than one view....
Or something like that. There you go Betty! This ones for you! Barbara
Go here and check out the other cool entrys! Make one yourself! I will be watching for yours..... Barbara
Monday, January 23, 2006
a list of questions that look like fun, so I am going to answer them myself! Thanks Jeannette this was fun!
1. If a film was made of your life, what actor/actress would you like to see in the lead? ... Lisa Kudrow aka Phoebe from Friends
2. If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?... I love America, but if I couldn't live here I would pick Italy I think like the Tuscan area.
3. If you could meet someone famous who would it be and why? ... Shirley Temple
4. What is your favourite film or book? ... Church Mouse by my Dad Dr. Robert F. Cullum. He is an awesome author!
5. If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be? ... God made me just the way I am. I wouldn't change a thing!
We are all made special.
6. If you could appear on a TV programme, which would it be? ... Jeopardy...I could win some dough!
7. If you were going out to dinner, what type of restaurant would you choose? ...
Outback Steak House!!!
8. If you could invent a totally new gadget that would make your life easier, what would it be? ... A maid that would just pick up after you when you didn't feel like getting up. Lazy girl!
9. If you owned a racehorse would you call it? ... Blue
10. What was the most memorable event in your life so far? ... I have so many! The birth of Eric, my wedding, and seeing Eric graduate from Chef school! To name a few....
11. If you could live your life over again, what would you change? ... I would have spent more time with Christi and Jacob.
12. What one thing annoys you most? ... Rude people. like when you say...Hi how are you today and they make this little hmp sound and say fine like you are a bug on the wall or something.
13. If you could change your first name, what would you like to be called? ... I happen to like my first name, but if I had to change it I would pick Anastasia Lyndsey
14. If you were a zoo keeper, which animals would you prefer to be in charge of? ... monkeys, they are the funniest
15. Is there an actor/actress you really dislike? ... Howard Stern
Now wasn't that fun? Try it yourself! Barbara
Sunday, January 22, 2006
After serious & cautious consideration.....your contract of friendship has been renewed for the New Year 2006!
It was a very hard decision to make. So try not to screw it up!!! A Wish for You in 2006
May peace break into your house andmay thieves come to steal your debts.
May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!
May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy .
May the problems you had forget your home address!
In simple words ............
May 2006 be the best year of your life!!!
Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Weekender, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. Do any of your friends, family or co-workers know about your blogs? For those that do, did you tell them or have they stumbled upon it by themselves?
I have told some of my friends about my journal, but most of them aren't on a computer and rarely go there. I put a shortcut to my journal on my parents computer and they go by and read it occassionally. Most of my readers are from all over the United States and I have two readers that I adore also from the UK. I sometimes wonder just who does come by and read my journal. I find myself holding back at times because I don't want to put anything that would hurt someones feelings. I also have a private journal that only I have access to. I am using it to write about my personal feelings and upbringing. I welcome all readers and comments to this journal. I do wish some of the people who read it would leave me a comment though, just so I will know they stopped by...is this you? Leave me a comment!
2. How did you come up with the title of your blogs?
When I started my journal I was working as a waitress and had a lot of things happening at work that were unbelievable. I was going to write stories about my daily happenings at work. Since then I have left that job and now work as a cashier in a grocery store. I like the name, so I kept it...I mean how does Confessions of a Cashier Angel sound? Wierd right? And I will always be a waitress in heart because I love helping people. So deal.
3. Do you prefer to have many projects going on at once or do you prefer multitasking?
I multi task a little bit, but when I get really into doing an entry or playing a game I sometimes get annoyed when a couple of people...I won't name IM me and then say nothing because they are multi tasking. I think it is rude to IM me and then make me wait 20 minutes while they are doing something else. Kinda like being on the phone and being put on hold...know what I mean? If you IM me, talk!
4. Take this quiz (if you haven't already!): What high school stereotype are you?
.What else would you think? LOL BTW I am not flaky!!
5. What was the hardest thing to master when you were learning to drive? Parellel parking...I can't even spell it!!
6. How well did you do with that one thing on your very first driver's exam? Still can't do it!!!
Your turn!!! Have fun...I always do!
Saturday, January 21, 2006
50 things you might not know about me -- erase my answers and put in your own, then repost in your own entry. Make sure you tag 3 people to join in. Have fun!! Some of these questions I have answered before but I changed some of the answers...so laugh on!
1. What is your middle name? Lynn
2. What size is your bed? Full Size
3. What are you listening to? 48 Hours
4. What are the last two digits in your phone number? 64
5. What was the last thing you ate? honey barbeque chicken wings and hot cheese dip with chips
6. Last person you hugged? Rick
7. How is the weather right now? It is cold and windy! BRRRR
8. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Rick telling me to come and see the 4th wall and to print out pictures of his ghost.
9. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Eyes and butt
10. Do you have a bf/gf? I have a best friend husband who I have been married to for almost 25 years
12. Do you drink? yes, but only diet pepsi...is that what you meant? No alcohol for this girl!
13. Ever get so drunk you don't remember the entire night? no, see answer above
14. Hair color? blonde
15. Eye color? blue the same color as this
16. Fav baseball team? Mission Astros
17. Fav animal? Leopards
18. Favorite season? Spring
19. Ever cried for no reason? no, I hardly ever cry, but when I do it's a doozy
20. Last movie you watched? Dark Waters.
29. What book are you reading? At First Sight by Nicolas Sparks
30. Piercings? just my ears
31. Favorite movie? Grease I and II.Dirty Dancing
32. Favorite college team? Texas
33. What are you doing right now? Standing on my head, juggling three baseballs and typing these answers.
34. Any pets? 1 dog, Tiny the others are Ricks animals
35. Dog or cat? both
36. Favorite flower? sunflower
37. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren't supposed to? Oh yes,...not telling what it was either!
38. Have you ever loved someone? Yes
39. Who would you like to see right now? A millionaire handing me a check.
40. Are you still friends with your ex's I wish I was, but after you break up it's hard to be friends again.
41. Have you ever fired a gun? Yes and then I picked my self up out of the dirt.
42. Do you like to travel by plane? It hurts my ears, but I think it is cool to be up in the clouds.
43. Right or left handed? Right
44. If you could be with someone right now, who would it be? Eric
45. How many pillows do you sleep with? One
46. Are you missing someone? always
47. Do you have a tattoo? yes, 10 of them. NOT
48. Do you watch cartoons on Saturday morning? I like to watch Endurance and Trading Spaces
49. Are you hiding something from someone? yes, myself...now where did I put my keys?
50. Do you play an instrument? 5. the comb,the toilet roll, the butter container, the glass and my nose
Now I'm tagging three people
I walked outside and saw a strange figure in my old oak tree. I wondered what could that be? Then I heard a distinct laugh. I can not believe that he climbed this tree all the way to the top!
He was coming down when I saw him.
I told him to get back up there so I could take his picture.
Out of breath he asked if he could rest first
Back up he went and I got proof!!!
Rick said it wasn't that big a deal...he could do this too.
Friday, January 20, 2006
A SMALL BOY badly wanted a baby brother, so his dad suggested he pray every night for one. The boy prayed earnestly, night after night, but his prayers seemingly weren’t answered. After a few weeks, he didn’t bother to ask anymore.
Some months later, his dad said they were going to see Mom in the hospital and he was going to get a big surprise. When they got to the room, the little boy saw his mother holding two babies.
“Well, what do you think about having twin brothers?” his dad asked. The little boy thought for a moment and replied, “I bet you’re glad I stopped praying when I did.”
A Simpler Solution?
LITTLE Billy’s kindergarten class went on a field trip to the local police station. They saw a bulletin board with photos of the FBI’s 10 most-wanted criminals. Billy pointed to one of the photos and asked the officer if that person was really a most-wanted criminal.
“He certainly is,” answered the officer. Billy replied, “Then why didn’t you just keep him when you took his picture?”
Nothing Fishy Here
A FARMER spotted a city fellow fishing in his pond and pointed out the big sign nearby that read NO FISHING HERE!
The disgusted fisherman nodded. “Whoever put that sign up really knew what he was talking about. I haven’t had even a nibble all morning.”
MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.
HUMPTY DUMPTY sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the kings' horses,
And all the kings' men..
Had scrambled eggs,
For breakfast again.
Okay since some of you asked here are the rest of the ones I took pictures of today. A lot of my paintings have been given away. But these are still here gathering dust. I am currently working on 6 more LOL. No wonder I never find time to clean!
I must go pay my car insurance and I am sending Mosie a tape of me singing. I need to record a few more songs and then I will be on my way.
Thanks for all the nice compliments and encouragement. You guys Rock! Barbara