Monday, November 22, 2010

My Poem for Pam

Since I last wrote in here a tragedy has occured. My sister Pam was hit and killed by a train....my poem for her.







The poem I wrote for my sister today....

I Never Said Goodbye by Barbara Masters for my sister Pam

Pam, I never said goodbye to you.
...It was always see you later.
It never made any sense to me to do.
Since I knew I would see you again soon.
I only say goodby to those I'll never see again
So to say those words to you....
Never occured to me.

One day I will see you again.
But I still have work to do.
So even though you're far way
I still feel near to you.

One day we will talk and laugh together again
In my heart I do believe
That death is not the end of life
It's but a short retreat.

I never said goodbye to you.
Instead I say I love you
As you wait in Heaven for me I hope I make you Proud.
I will live my life doing good
and helping others when they are down.

Your leaving made me cry.
I find it hard to breathe
But in the end I know
that I will see you again with me.
So I will never say goodbye....

I'll just say "See you later ♥

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwwww Barbara, that is beautiful and yes you will see Pam again one day !!!! Love You Always XOXOXO Lisa

Lori said...

Barbara, I am so very sorry! What a tragedy! The poem is a very beautiful tribute for your sister.

Missie said...

OMG Barbara!!! I'm so, so sorry! What a tragic loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers as well as your family.

ADB said...

That is an awful shock, Barb and I'm so very sorry to hear of this. You will meet again, one day. Wishing you and the rest of your family all strength.

Joann said...

Barbara, I'm SOOO very sorry. What a beautiful poem you wrote for her! Hugs to you.

Lisa said...

I am very sorry for your loss. I'll be keeping you in my Prayers.
Lisa

Jeannette said...

Barbara, I have only just heard. I am so very very sorry. That is a beautiful poem. As you probably know I am going through the same thing right now.

Janice said...

Hi Barbara....this is a nice tribute to your sister. HI From Sharon's (Coastal Comfort) MOM, Janice. I'm new to this blogger thing, thought I'd give it a try.

Sharon said...

Hey sweetie.....just wanted to say (((((Barbara))))) HI