Tuesday, October 16, 2007

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!!

O M G....

I WAS TAKING A NAP TODAY....WAIT I DON'T WANT TO YELL..... WELLL I DO BUT....

I was taking a nap today and out of the blue I got a phone call.  It was from my insurance office here in my home town.  The owner of the office was calling to offer me a JOB!

Yes you read it right. I did not apply for this job, he just picked me out of the blue.

He asked me if I would be interested in coming to work for him.

My hours would be from 9 in the morning to 5 at night. I would be off during the day for lunch.

I would be off weekends and get two weeks paid vacation a year.

I would be making more money than I am now.

I would have a set scedule.

I could sleep past 5am in the morning

NO more would I have to put up with stuff I have mentioned here before......

It is an insurance office so he could show me the best insurance I could get on my own, I still have not received any benefits from my current job because of their mistake of not sending me the paperwork

He will be sending me to school to become licensed.

How can I go wrong?

 

I am giving two weeks notice tomorrow....oh yeah even that is cool with him.

I have known my new boss for over 20 years and he knows my personality and how I am with people.  He is a sweet considerate man and I have never even seen him in a bad mood.

I am sooooo excited!

I want to scream it to the world!

Yeah me!!!!!! 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, bizarre, but cool none the less.  Congrats.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  God is good !!!!!!!!!  How wonderful for you.  No more stocking candy, waiting on rude customers, weird shifts and putting up with that jerk boss of yours at the store. You'll probably have your own desk and everything.   I am so happy for you !!!!  Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

That is great news!!!!  Seems like things are really going your way right now.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Barbara, that is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you, I had a double whammy yesterday, Jorja is leaving CSI after November 8'th and my sweet Anthony is leaving World Market after Friday, Sigh ................. Love You Lisa XOXO

Anonymous said...

So happy for you. Thats one of the benifits of living in a small town. Paula

Anonymous said...

great news:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

wonderful news ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Thats flipping awesome..;-)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

That is the best news ever!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!!!!
What did work say when you gave your two week notice, mouths dropping to the floor and all....
Have a wonderful day!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ((((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

sorry I am slow but CONGRATULATIONS! I am so proud of you. Good things happen to GOOD people. Way to go. Your new boss is a man of foresight.
Best of luck, Barb   http://journals.aol.com/queenb8261/DiaryofaMadwoman/