Tuesday, December 5, 2006

A Christmas Survey Swipped From Val

Okay but first I must say that some of these same questions were on a previous entry I wrote not that long ago.  So when I get to one of those questions I will try to tell you something new and different about it...Here goes...Play along!!!! 
                


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?  Both


2. Real tree or artificial?   I have an artificial tree that already has the lights on it.  I would really love to have a real tree, but I don't like stepping on pine needles at 2 in the morning....so I guess I will stay with what I got.  The main problem right now is where to put it.  There isn't enough room in the tiny living room and the new room isn't finished yet.  Hope fully next year!.

3. When do you put up the tree?  As soon as I can figure out where it should go.  My mom always put hers up the day after Thanksgiving so I am feeling guilty for not having mine up yet....
4. When do you take the tree down?  Usually it is still up on my birthday....I am quite a procrastinator.  But once I do get it up I hate to take it down! 
5. Do you like eggnog?  Mmmmmmmmmmmm... YES!   
6. Favorite gift received as a child?  I really recieved many nice presents from my MoM and Dad every Christmas. Like my bikes, typewriter, Ken doll, etc.  But one of my most favorite isn';t really what was inside the box.  It was the cute way my Gran would wrap our presents and make us little homemade snowmen and dolls to decorate the box. 

7. Do you have a nativity scene?  No, but I would love to have one.  My Dad has a very special one that has been in our family for years.  Every Christmas Eve the children read the Christmas story and put the characters into the manger as we read about it.  This is so awesome to see how much better they are at reading every year.  Even when they were too small to know how to read an older child would whisper the words into the little ones ears to repeat outloud.
8. Hardest person to buy for?  I think this would have to be my Mom. because I want it to be really special, and my brothers in law.

9. Easiest person to buy for?  Brittany.  I see all kinds of thingsto get for her.  And then I buy too many and have to even it out with the other neices and nephews. LOL
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?  Both!  I love either or and love sending both
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?  A kitchen faucet......I mean...is that really a gift? 
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?  A Christmas Carol

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?<FONT lang='0face="Comic' color=#004000 FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="10" Sans MS?>  ASAP but I am not done yet..... 
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?  Not that was given to me..... 


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  Ham, potato salad and Jesus birthday cake
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?  I love all lights, even the ones that God made that he gives to us everyday of the year.  His awesome stars!  
17. Favorite Christmas song(s)?  "Silent Night", "Do You Hear What I Hear", "O Holy Night", "Mary Did You Know"

I agree!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?  Who knows what will happen this year?  Is Eric coming home or are we going there?  I know he is going to come over for Christmas Eve.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?  "On Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, on Comet, Cupid, Donder and Blitzen!"... and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and Dixie
 

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?  Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?  One on Christmas eve and the rest Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?  Wasn't it Christmas just last week?  NOw that I am an adult it seems like it gets here a whole lot faster!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?  I love snowmen and angels, but I like a variety also.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?  I just told you LOL...

25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas?  Yes I do!  And has been ther since I turned 9 years old.
I would love to see your answers to this!  If you want to copy and paste and do this in your journal, please leave your entry URL in my comments section so I can come take a look!  Thanks and Merry Christmas!  xox

       

         

HAVE FUN! Barbara

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara, love your answers !!!!!!!!!! Love You as well Lisa XO, Loved seeing you as a kid, so cute !!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your answers especially # 4 lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

You'll shoot your eye out . . . you'll shoot your ey--- hey is there really a reindeer named Dixie?

Amanda :D
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

Dixie. LOL  I used to make a birthday cake for Jesus when my kids were little.  I need to start doing that again.  Fun reading your answers, Barb!  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Barb~It was fun reading your answers! Have a blessed Christmas! Sassy ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/SassysWORD

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pics and the survey Thanks babe!!
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

i love the pictures and i love your answers!
noelle

Anonymous said...

I like both hair colors in the pics.....which do you like best?

Anonymous said...

Here's my answers Barbara..Linda in Washington http://journals.aol.com/lsfp1960/LindasWorld/entries/2006/12/10/christmas-survey/1339

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/fasttrack58/FootprintsintheSand/entries/2006/12/12/all-about-christmas..../2964
Oh I like how your Gran would make the presents special....
I need to get you a nativity scene...
Excuse me.... I Want a kitchen faucet for Christmas, lol... the ones that come with the sprayer hose...
Great Answers!
and I finally answered mine...
Linda :)