Let me give you a list of just some of the things I must remember to be
a good dog (you know I have been guilty of these before):
|1. I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.|
2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.
3. I will not munch on "leftovers" in the kitty litter box; although they are tasty, they are not food.
|4. The diaper pail is not a cookie jar.
5. The sofa is not a face towel; neither are Mom
and Dad's laps.
6. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
|7. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
8. I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for Mom's driver's license and registration.
9. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
|10. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch
is not an acceptable way of saying 'hello.'
11. I do not need to suddenly stand straight up
when I'm lying under the coffee table.
12. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur
before entering the house.
|13. I will not throw up in the car.|
14. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt.
15. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch when company is over.
16. The cat is not a squeaky toy; so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.
And God I was wondering about some other things:
Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom,
if ever, smell one another?
When we get to heaven, can we sit on your
couch...or is it going to be the same old story?
Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the
cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and
the rabbit, but not ONE named for a dog? How
often do you see a cougar riding around? We
dogs love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to
rename the 'Chrysler Eagle' the 'Chrysler Beagle'?
If a dog barks his head off in the forest and no
human hears him, is he still a bad dog?
We dogs can understand human verbal
instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns,
clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic
energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do
More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.
When we get to the Pearly Gates, do we have to shake hands to get in?
Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are,
will I have to apologize?