Your Name: Barbara
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I actually love both of them! I like Hot Chocolate when it is cold outside, and we have a tradition in our family where we drink Egg nog each year and toast each other to a year of happiness and health.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa does not have time to wrap all those presents. So he just puts them under the tree. But when you go to bed on Christmas Eve he will not bring them if you don't go to sleep. And no peeking or looking out the window because if he sees you awake he could skip your house and then where would you be?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I just like lights so it doesn't matter what color they are just lots of them. I like looking at all the different ideas people have with decorating their yards and houses.
4 . Do you hang mistletoe? Sure I do!
5. When do you put your decorations up? I had hoped to have it up already, but we are still trying to decide which room it will be going into. So I don't know. Now ask me when I will take it down.....Around February LOL
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? oh so many choices... but I'll say Ham...
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Mom and Dad waking us up and saying that Santa had come to our house. Then they would video us walking down the hall and to the tree and catch our reactions.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I learned that you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout and if you want Santa to come you better be good....and if you aren't good Santa can come back and get that bicycle!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes we do open one at home. But we spend Christmas Eve with the extended familys so we open all our presents to and from each other that night.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? lights and ornaments, we have ALOT of old ornaments from years past. I need to get a few new ones.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT...only seen it about three times in my life though
12. Can you ice skate? yes and my favorite part is doing turns and falling and sliding along the ice. Here in Texas we have to go to indoor ice skating rinks.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? one year was Ken... another was my banana seat bike... and another was my typewriter and art set
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Jesus
15. What is your favorite Holiday Desert? pumpkin pie with cool whip...
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? just spending time with the family
17. What tops your tree? an angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Mary Did You KNow
20. Candy Canes, Yuck or Yum? yum....
21. Did you wait in a long line to purchase a Playstation 3 today? nope
22. Have you ever waited in line to get a high demand item? Nope
And adding some of my own questions now....
23.How many people do you buy presents for? Mom, Dad,2 sisters,3 brother-in-laws, 5 nephews,4 nieces,1 great niece, 2 great nephews, Eric, Rick, 3 close friends, Tiny, the cats.
All in all bout close to 30 people.
24.Where will you spend Christmas this year?
Christmas Eve at my parents and Christmas day either here at home or in Austin with Eric...depending on his scedule.
25. How done are you with your Christmas shopping?
About halfway...but I have alot of things left to create too!
ok that's it! I gotta go shopping now...Barbara