Saturday, September 9, 2006

Baggers

It is a baggers job to put a certain number of items in each bag.  Certain things go together and some things can not be put together as in chicken with anything else and wet and dry.

Don't smash the produce and fruit!

Be nice to the customers.

Ask if they need any help outside.

Ok now let me tell you about our baggers...

Mr. Annoying...this kid sings offkey or bangs on the end of the belt in between customers.  Says stupid things trying to pick up the other bagger girls and says off the wall comments to the customers...you never know what he will say.

Mr. Flirt....is slow bagging because he is more concerned with flirting with the girl baggers next to him.  He is never done bagging the order and you have to help him to get the job done.

Miss Flirt....talks to everyone around her and walks away to talk to friends before she even finishes with a customer.

Smasher...this kid trys to go too fast and just throws everything all together

After these two entrys I just can't wait to go to work tomorrow....

I have had a hard day.  I won't go into detail lets just say the topics of today.

1. Liars

2. Crying

3. Fights

4. Police

5. Drunks 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Barbara need another job.   Linda in Washington

Anonymous said...

Or better yet...a winning lottery ticket !!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your bad day.  I could NOT deal with the public, unless I were starving and simply had to put up with them.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sounds interesting. Do we get part 3 to hear the details? Hope today is a better day for you :-)

Anonymous said...

OUCH!  Hurting for you, Barb.  CATHY

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm, you poor thing. hot bath and a cup of tea or coffee, and sit out in the fresh air. I usually bag my own groceries when I go shopping. i have to carry them up a flight of steps so i know how heavy to make them, lol. (((hugs)))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

God bless you!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Your list is great, and one that my wife and I have unofficially come up with in the past.  Sounds like you had a rough day.  Hope it gets better for you.

Greg

Anonymous said...

at least you can say your job isn't boring!  ;)  Rose~

Anonymous said...

Oh dear :-( It doesn't sound like you had a good day at all, I'm sorry to hear that. I had to laugh though at your description of the baggers!! They sound exactly like our ones over here!!
hugs and take care,
love Debbie ~xxxx~
http://journals.aol.co.uk/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

all on one shift?? It was a hard day; you get some rest

betty

Anonymous said...

so sorry you have had an awful day. Hugs to you.


Anonymous said...

those baggers sound like they just want to flirt. lol. You can probably bag it better then them.

Anonymous said...

I shop at stores where we have to bag ourselves... well actually hubby does, I hate to grocery shop anymore, too stressful... and we have stores where you can ring up your own groceries and check yourself out...
Have only good days at work!!!
Linda :)
ps.... Saturday when I got to work, I was so mad, at the lack of common sense, I had one lead and two asst. store managers in my stockroom discussing the matter before I went home... I shall see tomorrow if anything was resolved...

Anonymous said...

LOL THEY AE KIDS. WE CANT REALLY EXPECT THEM TO BE PROFESSIONAL CAN WE?  LOL

Anonymous said...

They are at work for all the wrong reasons.  Your list must have a back story.  I'd be very interested in hearing it soon.
Nelishia

Anonymous said...

I sincerely admire anyone who can go and do a cashiers job, first I could never stand that long, I would collapse.  The rude people even though you know you must be courteous, I would love to tell them where to shove it.  There are sometimes not nice cashiers but we do not know what they have been through that day, I am sure some pretty rough times.  You just keep being chipper and keep that smile.

TreesRGreen78