Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Tiny Is Ticked Off

Yes, that's right.  I pulled a huge gray tick off of my dog Tiny today.

We live near the woods and they jump on her when she is merely minding her own business of squirrel hunting and looking for lizards to play with.

I told my Mom about it and she gave me some flea and tick spray.  I have a collar on Tiny but these are Texas ticks and they have a mind of their own.

I read the directions on the spray and it said not to spray it on cats.  I guess this is because cats give themselves a bath.

Now Tiny acts like a cat sometimes.  She climbs the trees all the way to the top after the squirrels.  She sits on the top of windowsills and chair and sofa backs. 

Do you think the ticks can see she is a dog? 

Anyway....I decided that I should not spray this stuff on any of my clocks as well.

Because then I would never know what time it was.

I would be left with clocks that only tock.

I wouldn't have anymore tick tocks.

Because the ticks would be gone...and all I would have are tocks.

OH I don't know.....what frustration!

I need a vacation without ticks or tocks.

Just give me a beach, a little shade umbrella a cold drink and a great book to read and I will be just fine.

As for now though I have to eat something quick, wash my hair and get ready for another fun filled day of scanning peoples food and smiling.

Til next time!

Barbara 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....you should have seen the look on my face when I was trying to figure out whyyyyyyyy you were spraying tick spray on your clocks !!!  You goof !!!
You had me going !!!  

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! I HATE ticks! My dogs got them bad 3 years ago. Ewww!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Ticks really tick me off...they are sneaky little creatures that you don't see until it's too damn late!  And don't even get me started on sand gnats or mosquito's!!
Sharon - http://journals.aol.com/tpiez4me/CoastalComfort

Anonymous said...

Can you believe that I NEVER seen a tick? I know sometimes I don't think I'm normal .... oh wait, I'm not! :)

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I get the stuff from the vet for Kujo Jr. to put on the back of his neck.   Works like a charm for 30 days.    *I* actually have already been bitten by a tick this spring!   Hate those no-good-for-nothins.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that Mom was more ticked off than Tiny. I know I would be.  I hate ticks more than any other insect.  Yeah....don't use the tick spray around the clocks.  Have you ever heard a clock that only tocks? Not talks, tocks.  LOLOL
Have a good evening.
Barb  

Anonymous said...

Tick tock you rock!!!! First time since reading marinas journal I couldn't stop. Do you think the ticks can see? I mean do they have eyes and if they do they must be pretty scared to jump on a dog i mean sometimes the scare the crap out of me. LOL      Very interesting stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiny...
Sounds like mom is losing it, ticking and tocking, definitely in need of a vacation.... Too many beeps from the scanner at work, I think...
Have a great Wednesday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Nasty, bad ole ticks!!!  Very pretty little doggie.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

don't get tiny mad,lol I thought it might have been bath day.