Saturday, February 9, 2008

MOM

 I have talked to Mom on and off all last night and today.  She is in the hospital for awhile I think.  They are having to get her cuminum (SP?) level right before they do surgury because the medicine she is taking for her cancer makes the blood thin.  She could bleed to death if they don't get it right.

Last report was that they have been giving her blood and plasma to remedy this.  She might be having surgury tomorrow morning.  They will be doing a blood test first to see.

I will let you know as things happen.

She is in good spirits...I am alot like her....she is still laughing and joking around with the doctors and nurses....that's my Mom.

Dad is missing her so much.....I am glad I am with him this weekend.  It has given us time to talk.

It has been kinda funny too...I will tell you about jello, McDonalds and television next.

It is late and I have a big day tomorrow so I will be back soon to tell you about this.

Love to all and please forgive me for not answering each comment separately.. My parents have dial up and it takes forever to load pages....I am so spoiled with mine...

I have read every single and wonderful comment made so far and each and every word gives me the strength to move forward.  So please know that I appreciate each and every one of you.  SO MUCH! xoxBarb

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying your mom's surgery goes well whenever they do it; it is good you can be with your dad at a time like this; it must be hard for him as well as you all; again, like I said before, you are a good daughter!!!

betty

Anonymous said...

Barbara, keeping your mom in my prayers, Love You Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))I will be praying for Mom.

Anonymous said...

Prayes sent up for your parents. You also as you take care of them. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I am keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers, stay strong :)
Hugs
Pey

Anonymous said...

I'm new here. Keeping you in my prayers.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Big hugs to you and gentle hugs for Mom!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Keeping your parents and you in my prayers!!
love
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Keeping your family in my prayers!
Missie

Anonymous said...

we love you too. It's nice to spend time with your dad, I know he must be missing your mom so much. Many hugs and prayers to  you.

Anonymous said...

Hi honey.  I want you know that I am praying for you and your mom and dad.  Love you!! Shelly

Anonymous said...

keeping you and your family in my thougths and prayers!

~~~Make it a Great Day~~~
            Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/



Anonymous said...

Good luck to your mom on her surgery. They have to cancel the effects of the coumadin before any operation.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you and your family, hope your Mom comes through the surgery well.  Many prayers being offered up for her.  God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Days of warm jello...glad to see there's humor left in all this.  After all, it's just life happening in its way, and we do what we can.  Tomorrow's surgery should go well, you both sound so adjusted and in control :-)  Much love xoxo CATHY

Anonymous said...

I will continue to keep your Mom, as well as your Dad in my prayers on the smoke! We are not going anywhere hon, worry about your parents now....I for one understand completely. Your in my thoughts dear one! (Hugs) Indigo