Sunday, February 3, 2008

update

Well as some of you may know I have had to postpone Christmas with my side of the family.

My Dad fell and broke four ribs three days before Christmas and had to go to the hospital.  He was in a rehabilitation center for two months recovering.  This left my Mom home alone and as some of you may know she has cancer and is going through treatments.

I thank God for her neighbors and church friends who have been there to help out.

My little niece Brittany is an angel herself.  She goes over to help on the weekends also.

Anyway....

We celebrated last night.

My Dad has never liked my hair being blonde.  He said all he wanted for Christmas was for me to dye my hair back to it's original color.  I have been blonde for over 10 years.

I woke up yesterday and decided that I could do this for him.

I still do not recognize myself in the mirror.  I guess I will get use to it....Rick said it makes me look younger.

I am still not sure....wonder what the reaction will be tomorrow at work....

Daddy loved it.  He said....I have my little girl back.

I never left.

But I know what he means.

I guess we all want the best for our kids.

Anyway.....if I just can't take it I will just dye it back.

Going to leave it for now.

We had a nice visit with Mom and Dad.

My older sister and her family came and I got to meet my nieces boyfriend.

I like him.  He is a very nice sweet young man.

My little sisters husband and kids came too.

I can't believe Summer is already over a year old.

We had a nice time.

Eric didn't get to come.

He was working

Did I tell you Eric got a new job?  Now he has two.

He will be moving into a new house soon also with a couple of friends.

I can't wait to see the house.,

I wonder if he knows when you have your own house someone has to mow the lawn :)

Ok I am off to clean and do my taxes now.....

Have a great weekend.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara, you are beautiful as a blond or a brunette, Love You Lisa XOXO

Anonymous said...

Well Happy late Christmas. Hope you Dad has mended and your Mom is doing as well as she can at this time. I love your new hair color. Oh I guess its your old hair color but you look great. Paula

Anonymous said...

Barbara,
God bless you and your loving family.  It is the little things that count as parents and as grown children.  We then, truly learn the meaning of the the words love and respect.  

Fay Ann

Anonymous said...

Awww... that was sweet of you to do that for your Dad and you're right you can always dye it back.
Glad you all had a nice time... sorry your baby couldn't be there.
LOL does he not like to mow?
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful gift you gave your dad!!

good luck to Eric with his new job and new living arrangements!

betty

Anonymous said...

I bet your dad was thrilled.  I know you & I know you'll leave it natural if for no one else but your dad.   Yes does Eric remember how to mow lawn?  My son does fine with lawn mowing...he's been doing it since he was 12.  Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Barbara,
Glad you could celebrate Xmas, if a little late, with your father.
Never forget: your real beauty houses on the INside.

Guido

Anonymous said...

You know what dads are like with their daughters, how lovely that you changed your hair colour to please him. I`m glad you enjoyed your Christmas at last. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine how pleased your Dad must have been with you and what a lovely thing for you to do for him ~ Hope he is fit now ~ glad you enjoyed celebrating a belated Christmas with him and your family ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Now I'm really glad you dyed your hair for your dad for christmas, awwwwww, I bet he was excited.... and you do look younger!!
Special thoughts for Mom and Dad and woo hoo for Eric's new jobs and a new bigger place....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

But Barb....blondes have more fun!!  But........now Rick has a "new" lady on his arm.   Hmmmm, spicey!  Look out!  He'll be chasing you around.
Glad your Dad is feeling better....here's hoping Mom will too soon!

Anonymous said...

LOL I totally relate to this entry.  My husband and oldest son remember me brunette the most.  I want to go back too sort of to who I was before... but it was such a significant time for me when I went blond.  And I have been this way for almost three years now.  And it was hard to get this color.  And a lot of work.  And I like it.  And I wanted it for 40 years.  LOL.  But I know what you mean... no one really recognizes me this way and everyone loved my hair dark the most.  Even me.  But I like this blond thing. It's fun.  LOL.  So sweet your daddy said he had his little girl back.  What a lovely thing you did for your dad.  So sorry to hear about his ribs I somehow missed that news.  Prayers!!!  And your mom can beat that thing.  My grandma had cancer twice and beat it. Both of them are preacher's wives.  You tell her that from my heart.  And my grandma is still going strong!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your dad is doing well, and how very nice of you to go back to brunette for him!
Lori