Wednesday, February 13, 2008

when it rains it pours

When it rains it pours....but I think I am in the middle of a hurricane.

My Dad was admitted into the hospital tonight because his potasium level was too high.  They have him in intense care.

My Mom is still in another hospital

Tomorrow is the viewing for Rick's brother Larry and the funeral is Friday.

My sister and I finally talked.

Let's look for the silver lining.....

1.  Mom is getting a little better and will soon be moved into rehab.

2.  Dad being in the hospital will make it so he is in a doctors care and they will make sure he eats right and that he gets his medication under control.

3.  Larry is in a better place

4.  It's a start.

5.  Work went better today.

Rick and I celebrated Valentines early because of the next two days being tough.  He bought me a dozen long stem pink roses and made me a card.

He cooked me a steak dinner and even made the potatos and brocolli.

going to get some sleep now.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww Barbara, keeping you in my prayers and your mom and dad too, Love Ya Lisa XOXO

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a little bit of a silver lining today. Will keep you all in my prayers. Paula

Anonymous said...

oh, Rick was so sweet!! I bet those flowers were gorgeous!!!

I do like your attitude; praying for you and you are right, the hospital might be the best place for your dad for a few days to get fine-tuned, eat maybe healthier, etc

betty

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping you all in my prayers!
love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hope both your parents recover well and soon, Barbara

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful celebration you and hubby had. I will add your parents to my prayers. So sorry about Ricks brother Larry. Yes, he is in a better place. ((((((hugs)))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry barb you have so much going on. I'll be praying for your family. Hugs and love.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day honey.  I am praying for you and your famiily.  Love you lots and God Bless you!!  Shelly

Anonymous said...

I applaud your bravely facing the positive when it's so much easier to dwell on all the lousy luck in life.  Good for you Barb, and keep that attitude, you wear it well.  Happy Valentine's Day, glad you and Rick had such a nice time, you certainly deserve this togetherness in the midst of all else.  XOXO CATHY

Anonymous said...

Awww Barbara I just wanna give you a great big hug!
Kudos to Rick for making a special effort early!!!!
He's da best.
Love you..............xoxoxoxo
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath and realize all this is only for a short period!!  Sending you hugs and strenth!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Oh Big Hugs!!!
and how sweet of Rick......
Linda :)