Brain Teasers1.There is one word in the English language that is always pronounced incorrectly. What is it?
2.A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it?
1:45. The man gave away a total of 25 cents. He divided it between two people. Therefore, he gave a quarter to two.
3.A boat has a ladder that has six rungs, each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water. The tide rises at 12 inches every 15 minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at it's highest, how many rungs are under water?
None, the boat rises with the tide. Duh!
4. There is a house with four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What color is the bear?
White. If all the walls face south, the house is at the north pole, and the bear, therefore, is a polar bear.
5. Is half of two plus two equal to two or three?
Three. Well, it seems that it could almost be either, but if you follow the mathematical orders of operation, division is performed before addition. So... half of two is one. Then add two, and the answer is three.
6. There is a room. The shutters are blowing in. There is broken glass on the floor. There is water on the floor. You find Sloppy dead on the floor. How did sloppy die?
Sloppy is a goldfish. The wind blew the shutters in, which knocked his goldfish-bowl off the table, and it broke, killing him.
7. How much dirt would be in a hole 6 feet deep and 6 feet wide that has been dug with a square edged shovel?
None. No matter how big a hole is, it's still a hole: the absence of dirt. (And those of you who said 36 cubic feet are wrong for another reason, too. You would have needed the length measurement too. So you don't even know how much air is in the hole.)
8. If I were in Hawaii and dropped a bowling ball in a bucket of water which is 45 degrees F, and dropped another ball of the same weight, mass, and size in a bucket at 30 degrees F, them at the same time, which ball would hit the bottom of the bucket first? Same question, but the location is in Canada?
Both questions, same answer: the ball in the bucket of 45 degree F water hits the bottom of the bucket last. Did you think that the water in the 30 degree F bucket is frozen? Think again. The question said nothing about that bucket having anything in it. Therefore, there is no water (or ice) to slow the ball down...
9.What is the significance of the following: The year is 1978, thirty-four minutes past noon on May 6th.
The time and month/date/year are 12:34, 5/6/78.
10.What can go up a chimney down, but can't go down a chimney up?
11.If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in the center field?
One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big stack.
12.What is it that goes up and goes down but does not move?
13.What has four legs but only one foot?
14. How many of each animal did Moses take on the ark?
None. Moses didn't take animals on the ark. Noah did.
15. If it takes 3 people to dig a hole, how many does it take to dig half a hole?
It's impossible to dig a half of a hole. Either you have a hole, or you don't.
16. What is the beginning of eternity. The end of time and space. The beginning of every end. And the end of every place
The letter E.
Try to answer them first yourself and then right click while highlighting underneath them for the answers!
Have fun! BRAIN POWER!!!!!