Hi All! Today is Ricks Birthday so I wrote him a birthday poem. Today is also flag day. When Rick was a small boy he thought people hung flags outside to celebrate his special day!
Happy Birthday to You
And I will always be here
People around you love you so much
People around you care
You make our lives wonderful so glad that you are there!
Because you love me, I feel special
I love you very much
Remember that you are not older but wiser
Things without you would be boring and tough
Handsome and funny
Dashing and cute
And you are all mine
You make me feel so loved
Rick I am so proud
I have you for a husband
Counting all my blessings today
Kicking you to the top of the list!
And now for some Texas flag stuff...
Just the Facts:
- Capital: Austin Eric lives here
- Population: 20,851,820 One of them is my son
- Governor: Rick Perry (R, to January 2007) cute!
- Entered the Union: Dec. 29, 1845 We are united
- As the: 28th state but #1 in my heart
- Motto: Friendship need I say more
- Nickname: Lone Star State
- Flower: Bluebonnet plenty of those in my yard
- Bird: Mockingbird are you mocking me>
- Song: Texas, Our Texas
- Sports Teams: Houston Astros, Texas Rangers (Baseball); Houston Rockets, San Antonio Spurs,GO SPURS!!! Dallas Mavericks, (Basketball); Houston Comets (Women's Basketball); Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans (Football); Dallas Stars (Hockey)
- Origin of Name: From a Native American word meaning friends
- Top 3 Industries: Trade, Real Estate, Oil and Gas
- Historical Sites: The Alamo in San Antonio
- Points of Interest: Gulf Coast resort area, Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston, State Capital in Austin, and the Big Bend and Guadalupe Mountains National Parks
- Bordering States: Texas borders New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.