Saturday, April 1, 2006

The Library

Comment Added
A comment has been posted to the Journal:
Confessions Of An Angel Waitress
Which Do You Want To Hear?
Comment from: rayne1123
"please share the one in the library!  noelle
http://journals.aol.com/rayne1123/ThewaysofRayne/"
   

For you Noelle

The Library

This one is kinda hard to tell without you hearing my accent but here goes

I called the library and used a different accent.

Library: Public Library how can I help you?

Me:  Yes I would like to know if I can get a library card.

L: Yes ma'am all you need is a valid drivers license..

Me: (interupting_ )  I don't drive car!  I just want to read the books!

L:  Yes ma'am well if you have a electric bill..

Me:(I) What I need the electricity for I want to read the books!  I no have electricity.  I am just moving here and not have money for the lights.  I read books outside in the sunlight.

L:  Well do you have some form of identification to prove you are who you are?

M: What you mean?  Who else would I be?  Another person calling to pretend I was me? All I want to do is read the books!  I don't want to drive I don't need no lights !

L:  Well ma'am until we can give you a card you are more than welcome to come here and read at the library.

M: Why because you not sure I am me?

L:  yes ma'am we have to have something..like maybe a visa or green card.

M"  I am American!  I just want to read the books!

L: Well i am sorry ma'am but until then...

M:  Do you have any books on sex?

L: Um well yeah..

M:  Well last night Herbert said he was gettin tired of the military position and I should get some books to learn new positions.

L: Well we do have some books like that here

M:  With pictures?

L: Um yeah

M:  Well if I can only read them there can I bring Herbert in and try them out in a back room somewhere?

L: no.....

Me  Losing it now and laughing hysterically

L:  Barbara is this you?

M"  How come my name always comes up first?

And that my dear friends to make a long story short is the April Fools Day joke I played on Miss April at the Library!

Barbara 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oops, back to the "Naughty Corner."    Linda

Anonymous said...

I loved the sex part of this story; you had me laughing in stitches. I can't imagine being that brave to play this type of a prank on someone,but apparently this lovely lady at the library knows you well :)

betty

Anonymous said...

LOL, that's too darn funny.  
Barb  

Anonymous said...

you are so darn funny. Good one.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling thatstory...yet again it was hillarious..you should start your own books with all of these funny stories in it...it would be a best seller....noelle

Anonymous said...

Very funny!

Anonymous said...

lolol  priceless!!  
~Meg  

Anonymous said...

That is a good one!  lol   I got this alert.   mark

Anonymous said...

That is too funny...especially since she knew who you were!  LMAO

Annie =)