Ever have to go to a teacher/parent conference? Did the teacher say something nice to you about your child? Beware and read on:
What the teacher says and (what the teacher really means).
1. Your son has a remarkable ability in gathering needed information from his classmates.
(He was caught cheating on a test)
2. Karen is an endless fund of energy and viability.
(The hyperactive monster can't stay seated for five minutes).
3. Fantastic imagination! Unmatched in his capacity for blending fact with fiction.
He's definitely one of the biggest liars I have ever met).
4. Margie exhibits a casual, relaxed attitude to school, indicating that high expectations don't intimidate her.
(The lazy thing hasn't done one assignment all term).
5. Her athletic ability is marvelous. Superior hand-eye coordination.
(The little creep stung me with a rubber band from 15 feet away).
6. Nick thrives on interaction with his peers.
(Your son needs to stop socializing and start working).
7. Your daughter's greatest asset is her demonstrative public
(Classroom lawyer! Why is it that every time I explain an assignment she creates a class argument?).
8. John enjoys the thrill of engaging challenges with his peers.
(He's a bully).
9. An adventurous nature lover who rarely misses opportunities to explore new territory.
(Your daughter was caught skipping school at the fishing pond).
10. I am amazed at her tenacity in retaining her youthful personality.
(She's so immature that we've run out of diapers).
11. Unlike some students who hide their emotion, Charles is very expressive and open.
(He must have written the Whiner's Guide).
12. I firmly believe that her intellectual and emotional progress
would be enhanced through a year's repetition of her learning environment.
(Regretfully, we believe that she is not ready for high school and must
repeat the 8th grade).
13. Her exuberant verbosity is awesome!
(A mouth that never stops yacking).
Believe it or not I got this from someone who is an actual teacher...I do not disclose my sources! But I do report the news.