Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Erics Visit Part One

Eric came to visit me!  We had so much fun!  As you can see from the pictures I am not the only one that loves for Eric to visit.

He arrived Sunday night about 11:30pm and Tiny attacked him for about an hour before she settled down.

She loves her Eric as much as I do.

We went to sleep around 3:00am and woke up early the next day with a plan.

First we had to go get insurance on his/my car our 67 Buick Special so that I would have a car to drive.  Then we had to go to another city about 40 miles away to get the tags renewed.

Along the way we ran into some really bad construction and were forced at times to crawl at around 10 mph.

I was so wishing I had brought my camera.  There were some pretty cool things to take pictures of along the way.

After we went to get the tags we decided to swing back by home and pay the gas bill....only we didn't want to go back the same way and hit the construction again, so we went another way and got lost. LOL

We ended up downtown San Antonio.  We had planned to go there later in day anyway and do some shopping. So we decided now was as good as later.

But........we were starving!  So we went to the HUngry Farmer steakhouse and got two huge steaks with the works and had a great lunch.

Then we went shopping!!!!

I am not so good at this spending money thing.  I am too practical.  But I did get a new mouse for my computer!!!

We came home because it started to rain and decided to rent some movies.

We rented Saw 2...which is a great movie, 40 year old virgin funny but well if you have seen it let's just say it isn't one to invite the preacher over to watch. Family Reunion and something else...can't remember.

Then we went to my job and got grocerys.  That is because I work at the grocery store/

We came home and made Coconut Shrimp with Erics special seasonings and sauce.  Shrimp fried Mamas way.  Then Eric made a vegetable dish with corn and jicama.  It was all delicious!  

Rick finally came in and we watched the 40 year old virgin movie.  Rick went to sleep early and Eric and I stayed up and watched Family Reunion.  I feel asleep and when I woke up Eric was already asleep, so since it was 5:00am I decided to go to bed.  

To be continued in next entry........ Barbara

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were in San Antonio?????  Funny cause my phone didn't ring.  LOL

Anonymous said...

Un, is that a teenage mutant nija turtle blanket I see?

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time! Great photos too. Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

and he cooks too, your son now nice. You two sure sounded like he had a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a special guy....and did you get to the Riverwalk??? That place was nice, when I was there in 91.  Wow, now I feel old remembering how long ago that was LOL!!!
Sharon -

Anonymous said...

loved the pictures; poor Tiny, I bet she misses him so when he is gone. Seems like you had a great day (so far, haven't read part two yet). Neat that you could share time in the kitchen both preparing delicious food :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having a great visit so far. I saw the movies Saw and Saw II, great movies. Scared the heck out of me. I think Saw II had a lot more action then the first one. Anyway glad the visit is going so great and glad your so happy. Kids do have a way or putting a grin in your heart. I do have to tell you , you have one great looking son there. Take care, Cyndy

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I forgot to ask, do you have a recipe for Coconut  Shrimp made from scratch? The only way I can get it here outside of the rest. is to buy frozen  Coconut Shrimp from TGIF"S and would love to have a recipe for it. Could you e-mail it to me if you do? Thanks, Cyndy

Anonymous said...

You must have had a good time after going to San Antonio and eating.    Do you remember that my brother and his wife and son live there?    He does work taking soil samples that they drill for to make environmental reports.    His wife has started working several days a week.   She is from Siberia Russia.   I watched "hang em high" with Clint Eastwood, an old western that is pretty good.   mark

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous.  I have never had coconut shrimp.  I love Fried Shrimp.  Eric come cook your old Auntee some shrimps.  LOL  My son ,Tommy & I just watched the 40 yr old virgin. Funny stuff.  I wanna go shopping in SA.  We'll have a field day.  Rich & Tommy are going to Austin this weekend and I'm stuck here.
Hugs, Barb http://journals.aol.com/queenb8261/DiaryofaMadwoman/entries/