Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Dad's Favorite April Fools Day Prank

Before I begin I will say that my Daddy raised us three girls to always tell the truth.

The only exception to the rule was on April Fools Day.

But one important thing to remember is no matter who you trick...always and I repeat always remember to go back and say April Fools, because if you forget to do that part then you are LYING!

Okay, this is for Betty who wanted to know.

My Dad gets me with this one every year.

He calls as early as my Mom will let him and says:

Dad:  Barbara there is a pink elephant in your yard.

Barbara:  Oh my gosh Daddy really?

Dad: Yes, go look!

So I do and to this day I have not seen that pink elephant yet.

EVery year it is the same joke.  One of these days there will be a pink elephant and he will be sorry!

Trying to trick a little girl.

Thanks Daddy for all the years you have made our holidays fun!

Daddy always made each and every holiday fun for us.  He even made up reasons to give us  cards and surprise us.  The first day of school, and of course the real holidays were always filled with surprises.

My Daddy is an awesome Dad.

Barbara 

P.S.  I will be waiting for your phone call Daddy I am ready for you this year! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

does he live close to you, Barbara? what a great dad he is!

betty

Anonymous said...

Awww, how sweet! I miss my Dad, he was an awesome Daddy too :-(

Anonymous said...

AWWW! How cute is that? A traditional April fool's joke between the father and daughter! He definitely sounds like an awesome dad! :)

Theresa

Anonymous said...

your dad sounds awesome, Do you and your parents live close. You should put a pink elephant in there yard and call him. LOL. Your parents did a great job because you are such a sweet person.

Anonymous said...

Your Daddy sounds like an awesome guy.   My Dad's sense of humor was, shall we a tad warped.  Yeah that's the ticket. I'll try to find time to explain.
Hugs Sis, Barb