Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Erics Visit Part Two

Here is Chef Eric cooking up a seafood meal for mom and Dad.  Notice the smoke?  Here we go again.  There is flour in the red dish and milk in the pan.  What's with the smoke?

Tiny hates baths and whenever Eric comes she knows he will not give in and will give her one.  She would never bite Eric but she likes to scare him into thinking she could if pushed too much about soap and water.

Eric and I went for a walk in the woods.  We came across what appears to be some dangerous activity.  This is just one of the reasons I am glad Eric moved away to follow his dreams.  Some of the kids here are bored and under supervised and they do this for a thrill.  That is why we end up with so many idiot adults.

Nuff said.

Anyway Eric and I watched Saw 2 and went to finish up all the chores with getting the car on the road.

The gears wouldn't shift and we had to push it back and forth it seemed like one hundred times before we got it to go right.  We went and got it inspected and then for a wash.

Pray for me that this car will behave and shift when I need it to.  I am going to drive it until Rick fixes my Explorer.

I love when Eric comes to visit but hate seeing him go away.  I am trying to remember all the fun I had while he was here and not to cry too much at him being gone away.

Thank you God for the most wonderful kid in the world.

The reason I love Eric so much is because with Eric I laugh, I am silly, I can just be me and he "gets me"

Thanks Robin for reminding me to savor the good times and let the tears fall where they may.

Until next time..... Barbara

gi

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

More great photos. Iespecially like #2, LOL! :-)

Anonymous said...

I think your "ghost" likes sea food!  Great pics....too bad those cans of air freshner were empty.

Anonymous said...

tiny is so funny. My dog hates baths too.  You and Eric are so cute together.


http://journals.aol.com/am4039/life/

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good visit:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

So glad you have such a great love and good relationship with your son.  I am working hard at improving the one I have with my sons.  I think it is hard for me cuz I'm so girlie.  The night I took Nick to the mall was so good for he and I.  I spoiled him rotten that time.  Hugs and glad you are getting some time with Eric!!  Oh and I used to have an explorer and it was great!  I miss it sometimes real bad.  Hope ya get yours fixed soon so you can enjoy it again.  Mine was a teale blue.  Awesome.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Looks like kids have  been "huffing" in the woods.

Anonymous said...

Eric does seem to be a great kid/young man - but that's because he had two great parents supporting him all the way. Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done and its okay to shed a tear or two, mom. Its hard when they grow up

betty

Anonymous said...

. . . Chef Eric needs to come cook me up something delicious. hahaha.

I like ninja Eric, very studly, :) And what are those in that last picture?? Vibrators . . . I can't really tell . . .

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with your son!!

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you have such a good relationship with your son. If more parents tried to have a relationship like that I think we would have  fewer  troubled teens in this world. Like the ones who seem to be huffing in your woods, and yes I do think you should report it. Perhaps you can save a few childrens brain cells. Well I just have one more thing to add and that is good looks, buff and he cooks, LOL. Some lucky lady some day will have a great catch.

Anonymous said...

YOUR IT!!!!! GO TO MY SITE TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO!!

http://journals.aol.com/serendipity41488/adayinthelifeofbrit/entries/698

Anonymous said...

I hope your car does not continue to have the problem.    You son seems like a really great person and he must think the world of you.     What greater gift could you have in life.    I got my dog Salty's shots today and Frontline for ticks/fleas, had already gotten his Interceptor (heart worm preventative) and they clipped his nails.   He will bite me if I hold him down to do it.    I can barely get the one dew claw to keep it from in-growing again.    Next is getting his pen built so I can start on my addition again.     I am laying on the board/cushion today trying to adjust to the weather with my back.   Reading is the one way that I can cope during times when all I can do is take the medicine and lay down.    I had contacted the Library in Bateville, Mississippi and got the news paper article and photos from the 1973 wreck.   The head Librarian did a great service for me and contacted the newspaper ( that had referred me to the library) about the photograhic negatives, and was informed that the photographer had died 2 years ago and there would be no easy way to get prints from the negatives.    The photo copies from the newspaper were much better than my old photocopy.    I can send you the photo of the wreck if you would like to see it.     mark

Anonymous said...

when smoke gets in your EYESSSSS.  What is up with that?  It's not steam?  Yes, indeed you are lucky.  But you don't have the most wonderful kid in the world.  I do .  3 of em.  LOL I'm sure he's right up there next to them.  LOL You know I kid.
Love ya sis. Barb  http://journals.aol.com/queenb8261/DiaryofaMadwoman/entries/