Saturday, March 11, 2006

GET CREATIVE BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

When Eric was little I would make him all kinds of treats for special occasions.

On St. Patricks day I would make green eggs and ham, or green pancakes.

For dinner I would serve green mashed potatoes.

This is simple to do with a little green food coloring.  But be warned...a little food coloring goes a long way.

I learned this the hard way at Erics 5 year old birthday party.

I decided to make 4 little cakes of the Ninja turtles who were his favorite at the time.

I made green cake with the four colors of the turtles as frosting.  We had a red turtle cake, a blue turtle cake, a yellow turtle cake and I think an orange  turtle cake.

The kids loved it!

One problem...after eating the cake I decided to take a picture of all the kids together and told them all to smile.

You guessed it.  Green teeth.

The parents didn't think it was as funny as the kids.

Guess I went overboard on the food coloring. LOL

But to this day they all remember the turtle party and the green teeth. LOL

Do something special that can make memories for your own kids....only watch out for the green smiles!

Barbara

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet none of those kids have green teeth to this day, but all of those kids have special memories of that celebration

betty

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's too funny!  Memories like these are the best!  Maybe I will turn something green this year.  I AM Irish.  Take care! xox

Anonymous said...

When Tommy was little I made him a HUGE Mickey Mouse Cake. I went to a bakery and they GAVE me this huge bottle of BLACK food coloring.  You should have see the kids smiles THAT day. LOLOL I also have made Super Mario cakes...but went a little lighter on the black coloring for those moustaches!!!!
Barb  

Anonymous said...

I can just see those green teeth and happy smiles. Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Do you still have the green teeth photo?! We'd love to see it if you do! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I do stuff like that on St Patty's day too. Family thinks I am nuts but they really love it.  ;)

Anonymous said...

What fun! And green teeth too! What a fun mom you are!
Shadie

Anonymous said...

lol what a great story,  Smile. I think green teeth is fun. Of course I'm not your normal person either.

Anonymous said...

LOL...I will be doing that on Friday.  I'm making cookies for Joey's St. Patrick's Day party in school.  And they will be green...lol.  I'll take pics to show how they came out.

Annie =)

Anonymous said...

I think that idea is soo cute...and I bet your kids loved it...I hope you dont mind but I would like to steal that idea for St.Paatricks day and share it with my family!
Wonderful mothers always make wonderful memories for their family!