Thursday, March 23, 2006

Here you Go Now Be sure you are sitting down

The lady in black walked over to me and said that there was a competiotion between all of the stores and the store who saved the most money being efficient with the bags and bagging properly would win a bonus.

Our store along with 5 others met the requirements.

So they put the names of all the employees at these 5 stores into a drawing.

Out of over 1,200 people my name was drawn and I and only me won.

So I recieved a check for a huge bonus and now I am in shock and not responsible for being a little silly.

 

I'd rather not say just how much, but I will say that the amount given to me was written with the taxes accounted for and I won the money free and clear.

It was well over 100 dollars.

I must say that I was very very very surprised.

I was just praying yesterday and talking to God about how I didn't know if I was going to be able to keep working there being as I was not making very much money.

I asked for his guidance on whether I should stay or go somewhere else.

I would say he gave me a definate stay answer.

I feel so shocked and blessed at the same time.

Of course when Rick found out he wanted to spend the money all on the house.

I think not since I already gave him my half of the income tax return.

Ready to go shopping Robin?

Woo Hoo.

Barbara   

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great happy ending to your story.  I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Annie =)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!  Congratulations Barbara!  Have fun shopping :D

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Congrats.........
I cant think of anyone more deserving............
Way to Go Girl....

Anonymous said...

congrats :)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Awww that's great!  I can't think of a nicer person for that to happen to! Now don't go spending it all at HEB!  LOL

Anonymous said...

WTG!!! Is it enough to pay for your AOL bill for the next few years?? See, the Lord does provide and answer prayers!

You get Robin and you get some shopping in before she leaves the state :)

thanks for the suspense; this was fun to read

betty

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is really great news.I am soooooooo happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!.  Remember who your friends are.  J/K.  Enjoy the money on yourself.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

somewhere an angel is clicking its heels!   Great going!  Marc :)

Anonymous said...

wow what a wonderful surprise. You have fun spending that money and well you might even by Rick something nice. Might but don't have too. lol You go girl.



Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the money.Spend it wisely lol

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! Congrats sweetie
Buy something nice
love, Marina

Anonymous said...

Yowsa!!  Cool, congratulations, honey!! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you were the winner!   Enjoy spending the money on something that makes you happy.    mark

Anonymous said...

You go you girly girl!!

That is exciting!

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

Yay for you, barbara! Go out and get yourself some fancy new shoes!!!

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the cash you silly girl you! :-)

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! i am so happy to hear that such  a wonderful thing happened to you at work

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful, such a blessing. God is Good!

Come by and visit my journal, I'd love to have you. Just click on my screen name below, I have a link to my journal there.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!!!
What a great surprise!
Linda :)