HOW TO STAY YOUNG (my version)
1. Try everything twice. If at first you don't succeed try, try again....and again..and again until you get it right, and then do it once or twice more.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. Don't let others pull you down. Be there for your friends but don't let them make you miserable.
The grouches pull you down. if .....
you are one of those grouches;) keep this In mind cheer up already!!! Look at all the fun you are missing being grumpy!!!
3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle.
Teach what you know to others who want to learn....you might learn something more yourself!
4. Enjoy the simple things.
Eat an ice cream cone that drips down your arm.
Eat cookies in bed
Spend a day just sitting in the sun with a good book.
Take an occasional bubble bath with all the bubbles that you can fit into a tub of water. Get a plastic boat and rubber ducky to take with you for your bath. Light candles. Relax!!!
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
The other day we saw that a truck load of toilet paper was left on the side of the road. I thought this was so funny that I just could not stop laughing. Eric and Rick thought I had lost my mind. When was the last time you laughed so hard you couldn't breathe?
if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and Lots of time with HIM/HER. Make them laugh too!
6. The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on as much as possible. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love:
family,(if you need family I will adopt you)
pets (if you don't have one...get one even if it is a fish),
keep sakes (don't throw out that something special if it means something to you),
music ( sing at the top of your lungs even if the dog does howl....he is just singing with you,
plants(try not to kill them like me LOL,
hobbies :painting,puzzles, whatever you like to create...but create something!!
and yes Amanda for you it would be shoes!!!!
Your home is your refuge.
Even if all you have is a single room. This is your own personal space. Guard it!
8. Cherish your health: If you have great health help someone who needs a little TLC. You might need the same TLC one day and wouldn't you want someone who cares too?
9. Don't take guilt trips or give them either
Take a trip to the mall, (and buy that object you keep wondering if you need....you have picked it up ten times already...you need it!!!
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity. Think about how great you feel when someone says I love you to you...
11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.
And always remember someone in Texas Loves You....