Okay, so far this morning I have tried my best to get you to giggle. A few people have.
Now I would like to tell you some true life things that have made me laugh over the years.
1. The time I had to go and get our land transferred over into our name:
Eric went with me to the court house that day. We had to wait in a long line. When we finally made it to our turn the lady asked me to state my business. Eric was around 18 at the time and I being his Mom was at least 10 years older than that. LOL
Any way I very seriously told the lady we were there to get a marriage license. She didn't skip a beat and went to get the form. I looked at Eric and he looked like he was about to pass out .LOL.
2. When Eric was in kindergarten I went with him on a school field trip. Again we found ourselves in a long line. We were waiting this time to get lunch. A hot dog and some chips.
The line was very long. Eric said, "Mom, I am going to count to ten and if we aren't to the front of the line I am afraid that I am going to pass out, "
I was busy talking with one of the other Moms and was kind of ignoring his statement. I vaguely remember his countdown.. All of a sudden he said 10 and bam went down on the floor all sprawled out like he was unconscious. Did I mention to tell you he was a great actor? He played it to the hilt and really he was just fine. We did get to move to the head of the line. I was so embarrassed.
3. In the grocery store I would make Eric hold onto the shopping cart so that I could keep track of him at all times. Oneday this little older Mexican lady walked by our cart and barely hit Eric with her cart.
Down he went. I tried to pick him up and he laid there like a wet noodle. The poor lady was beside herself. "Dios Meo" she exclaimed which means Oh my goodness!
I calmly explained to her that Eric was fine, just trying out for a major role in the movie "Eric Drives His Mommy Crazy"
I think she is still worried about him today.
4. We decided to make a garden when Eric was 3 years old and took him to the store to get gardening supplies. Rick and I were looking at the different stakes and hoses and such and Eric took off on his own to investigate the small store area.
All of a sudden he comes running toward us with a package of carrot seeds yelling "Look Mom! Carrot koolaid!!!!"
5.My friends and I went shopping for swim suits one day at the mall. We took our little tikes along with us. As usual I made Eric stay by my side. I was distracted by having a conversation with one of my friends and noticed all of a sudden that Eric was not by me anymore.
I went into a panic. We all started searching the store, looking under the clothes racks, in dressing rooms, everywhere and no Eric.
Then I noticed at the front of the store that quite a crowd was gathering in front of the store window. I went to see what the attraction was and....
There was my son...sitting in one of the lounge chairs in the window put there to advertise the new line of swimming suits. Putting lotion all over himself and acting like it was just another day at the beach.
Okay, last one...
6. One day I bought Eric a bag of M & M's . He loved this candy. I asked him if he was going to share with his Daddy and he said yes. One by one he ate his M & M.s and when he got to the last one I again asked him if he was going to share. He sat holding that last orange M & M waiting for his Daddy to come home from work. Every once in a while he would take a little lick. By the time Rick got home he was so excited. He walked up to his Daddy with the orange M &M which by now was completely white and said. Look Daddy I saved you one! Rick took one glance at the now coat less candy and said,...that's okay son. " I'm not hungry". Eric got a huge grin on his face and said. " Good cuz I am starving!" and promptly threw it into his mouth.
Now do you understand why I only had one child?
But Man do I love him. Barbara