Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Day Two

Day Two of being a cashier. I wonder if I will be as busy as I was on Day one.  I am going to get there early this time so I can take my time opening my locker to put my purse and just in case I can't figure out how to open the safe for my till.  The other girl said she had trouble with this.  I just need to learn to take the time to breath.  I guess I didn't realize how fast paced it was going to be.  The customers come one right after the next with no time in between.  And most people are in a hurry.  Tonight is Weds so maybe alot of people will be in church.  At least I will be working on Friday morning, so I won't have to worry about selling beer.  But on Sat I work night, so I will. As soon as I get my first check the whole thing is going to my electric bill.  What a bummer.  To work 44 hours and the whole thing goes to pay one bill.  Oh well, guess we have to have lights.  Our bill this month is $152.56. Well maybe I will have a few bucks left.  GRRRR I hate bills.

Okay so yesterday all I did basically was post some pictures of my son and daughter. Well Tiny my dog is my daughter. She is so funny.  I don't think she knows she is a dog.  She goes everywhere with me.  She is very smart, so knows that Eric now lives in Austin.  She can be sound asleep and if you say Austin she wakes up immediately and is ready to travel.  She misses Eric as much as we do.  She goes with me when I go to visit.  I don't even have to worry about missing the exit because when we get close to his apartment she gets real excited and starts barking.

I didn't do much of anything yesterday.  Okay, I was lazy.  When it came close to the time for Rick to be home I ran around the house like a mad woman and started picking stuff up to make it look like I spent the whole day cleaning. lol.  Really I just spent time on this computer and I went to the library and checked out some books. 

Today I have to work from 5:15 to 9:30.  I will have to go straight to bed when I get home because I will have to be back at work at 7:00 in the morning.  At my last job I had to be at work every morning at 6:00.  But since my days are now different I have gotten in the habit of sleeping a little later.  I will have to set my alarm clock tonight for sure. 

I am not nervous anymore about my new job.  I already decided that I am just going to take my time and if I need to "pick it up a bit"  I will just wait for them to tell me that.  If I try to go too fast I might make a mistake so I would rather be accurate. 

Yesterday my phone kept ringing.  My new co worker must have put my number on her speed dial list because her little 2 year old kept dialing my number.  She doesn't speak English so here I am with a two year old trying to explain to her to go and get her mom.

All I got was "Um hm, kay" and then jabber jabber.  Finally I just quit answering my phone. 

Today I want to spend some time reading the books I checked out.

I talked to Eric yesterday three times.   I love talking to him.  I miss having him around the house. 

Well I guess that's all for now.  Hopefully I will have something cool to write about tomorrow.  I will check back after work. Until then.......Barb      

No comments: