Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Shopping Carts Are Heavy!!!

Man... I sure could have used the help of one hundred angels today.  Hey you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished my store orientation.  They asked us to push in 5 carts.  Oh My God!!!  I was going to be this great employee and go to the farthest end of the parking lot and quickly grab 5 carts and push them inside.   NOT!!!  How do these young kids do this?  I had the hardest time.  I have a new respcet for them for sure.  My carts kept coming apart and I was chasing them all over the parking lot making sure that I didn't hit anyones car.  They were SO Heavy!!!  I was the last one to finish.  I was exhausted doing that once.  I can't even imagine doing it all day long.  Thank God I was hired as a cashier.  I won't have to do that very often.  I am scheduled for 21.45 hours next week. And guess what?  They don't have me scheduled during the Amazing Race and Survivor for next week.  WHEEEEEE.

I will be missing it tomorrow, but hopefully I can catch up. I go for alcohol training tomorrow from 5-9.  I will be riding in with my new cashier friend.  I decided to let her drive and I gave her money for gas.  That way we won't get stranded as my car starts when it wants to.lol.  It is a 1997 but I think the fuel pump is getting out of whack.  So tonight we did a tour around the store and learned how to look at our schedules.  I am going to make me a work calendar to put by my computer so I can see at a glance when I work.  That way Rick will know too.  I guess that is all for now except to say, the next time you see someone working in the parking lot of your local grocery store give them a smile....they work hard for da money!!! Hugs, Barb  

Oh yeah and it took forever for the clock in thing to pick up my fingerprint!!! I had to use my thumb!!

No comments: