Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My List

Okay so today is the big day.  I have so many things to do to get ready and my husband calls me to go to the store to pick up some chicken legs that are on sale.  Whatever.  Why don't men understand that for them to go to the store all they have to do is jump into the car and go.  For women we have to get dressed in something that looks okay, put on makeup and fix our hair.  I will not go to town without doing this first.  I learned my lesson the hard way.  One night my son and I were going to run to the store to get hamburger meat to make nachos and at the red light this old man hit me and totaled my little red car.  I had to go to the hospital and I wasn't even wearing a bra much less a bit of makeup on my face.  The whole town was staring at me wreaked in the middle of main street.  Plus you never know who you are going to run into at the store.  It could be someone who hasn't seen you in years and what kind of impression are you going to make with frumpy clothes and no makeup.

Today of course is the last day for the stupid sale, so since I have to leave here at 3:30 to go for my training classes that means there goes my last leisurely morning.  I guess I will get mostly ready for tonight and then make a quick trip to the store.  I did all my running around yesterday so that I wouldn't have to go out early today.  So much for plans.:(,  Oh well this isn't getting anything done so I guess I will go and wash my hair and see if I can get it to behave.  I hope he appreciates me.  Wish me luck.  I will come back tonight after class and see what is going on in here.  That is if I am not too exhausted.  At least I don't have to worry about what I am going to wear.  I do have to iron the pants at least they are clean.  Well off to beautify myself. Later, Barbara

No comments: