Monday, October 24, 2005

Dreams

Okay, here is something that woke me in the middle of the night.  I wanted to get up and write about it in my journal but my husband already thinks I am addicted to this thing, so I decided to wait until morning.

Okay here is my question....do any of you ever dream about your childhood sweetheart?  I have been married to Rick for the past 24 years and I love him dearly but..I will always have a special place in my heart for Paul.  We were bf /gf in highschool.  He broke up with me, so I guess this is why I never really got over him. 

Anyway, last night I dreamed that we ran into each other at some kind of party.  It was present day and we are both married.  He came over to me and told me that he has always loved me and that even though he was happily married he would like to spend some time with me catching up.  He looked exactly the same as he did in high school. ( which I know is not the case)  any way we went off and just sat by the lake and had a long talk.

The wierd thing is ...is that I was at the mall about a month ago and I actually did run into his little brother.  He recognized me right off and came over and talked to me.  Since I have moved away from the town I grew up in SA and haven't seen any of my friends from my old school in over 20 years I was surprised that he recognized me.  He said that I looked exactly the same as he remembered and that he knew right away that it was me.  I wouldn't have reconized him.

Which makes me wonder....how many times I may have walked right by or even next to someone from my past that I didn't recognize.

Does any of this make sense?

Oh well, anyway It was nice catching up with Paul.  Even if it was only in my dreams....now I can't wait to go to sleep again. lol

I do love you Rick, but you KNOW you have probably had dreams about your ex girlfriend Jamie and are too scared to tell me about it!!!!!!

Has this happened to you?  Send me a comment! Barb

No comments: