Monday, December 12, 2005

Catching Up Saturday Six from Patrick

Answer a couple of questions...


something to do...these questions come courtesy of The Saturday Six at  Patrick's Weekender and i found them somewhat interesting...

1. You're producing a school program for the holidays and you learn that there will be major objections if you include in your musical selections the traditional Christmas hymns that reference the "true meaning of Christmas." Assuming that there are secular tunes (like "Frosty the Snowman") already included in the program, what do you do with the hymns? Do you allow them to go as is, do you use the melody and rewrite the words, do you include as many pieces of music from other religions as possible, or do you remove all but the secular songs?
I have had this exact problem working with childrens choir at my church, only the opposite situation.  The kids wanted to include some secular songs into the Christmas program.  So we added a part in the play where the children in the cast didn't understand the true meaning of Christmas and would go out caroling the secular songs.  We then told  the true meaning of Christmas.  So why couldn't you in a school play just have the children "caroling the hymns"
2. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done at this point? When do you expect to have it finished if you haven't already finished?
Oh my gosh....none I mean I have bought a few little things but nothing major.  Hopefully H and I will go this Sunday and shop til we drop or run out of money....I am going to try and pick up a few odds and ends this week on my own.  I am freaking out because I am usually done by now!!!!
3. What was your favorite board game to play as a kid? Is it still your favorite now?
MONOPOLY and OPERATION
4. Take this quiz (if you haven't already!): What famous artist should paint your portrait?  

Pablo Picasso



Pablo Picasso should paint your portrait. You are a totally unique person. You are usually the first one to adopt a new mode of thought or the latest fashion. Everyone looks up to you. You are friendly and easygoing with everyone you meet.



5. How accurate is this quiz's description of you?
I couldn't have described myself any better!!

6. If you could go back in time and have one more picture taken with a deceased loved one, who would you select and why?
I would have to say my Papaw. He was the best person God ever made in my eyes besides my Daddy.  He was my Daddys father and my granpa only we called him PaPaw.  He owned his own shoe store in a small town and had an elevator going up to his apartment on top of it.  I loved to visit him.  I only have one picture of him and I fishing and I would love to have more.

Okay its your turn......Barbara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Monopoly - could play that for hours :)

betty