Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Odds and Ends

Virtual Hilarity Sad but true LOL!

Someone in our neighborhood put a huge sofa out by the curb for trash collection. Since it was in good shape, many motorists slowed down for a look. But when they saw how enormous it was, they'd leave. Eventually a compact car pulled up, and two men got out. This I've got to see, I thought. They removed the cushions, turned the sofa upside down and shook it hard. Then they picked up all the coins that tumbled out, and drove off.
Giggle giggle !!!!

This has to be one of the best singles ads ever printed. It is reported to have been listed in the Atlanta Journal.

SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant. I'm a very good girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Call (404) 875-6420 and ask for Daisy, I'll be waiting....

Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society about an 8-week-old black Labrador retriever

Okay I guess that is enough funnies for today.  I have loaded some pictures for your reading entertainment.  I will be taking more pictures today as it is beautiful outside and Tiny is itching to get out and find some lizards and squirrels to play with.

She is so funny to watch. I try to read outside on my deck but she distracts me with her carrying on.

I am off work today and I had planned to only go to the post office to mail a bill and guess what?  The gas man came to deliver our gas today and said he could take the check in for me! Woo Hoo!  I don't have to go anywhere today.

I am thinking I will be lazy and sit outside and read for awhile. I have got to get through some of these books I checked out at the library LOL. 

My foot is healing nicely and should be go to go by tomorrow. I plan to keep it propped up all day and just relax.  It will be my last day off this week.  I got a nice email from my Dad yesterday.  I love hearing from him, He is so awesome.

Before I go I will make you a list of what I got from all my great family for Christmas:

Rick: a digital camera. a nice one Sony Cyberware!

Eric: some bubble bath stuff in a beautiful aqua box that I plan to use for green storage., a new hook rug to do of a mountain scene...looks complicated but I like a challenge, some cd things to store music on from my computer

Mom and Dad: money, a great soft sweater, socks (I love these),perfume, a cast iron corn muffin maker, a scripture thing with papers to write notes on. and some more stuff

My big sister Pam and family gave me this cool ring that you can change the stones in

Sam, my little sisters husband and Britt his new wife gave me some candles, jewelry from Christi

I made out like a bandit this year!!!! 

I am not going to spend my whole day here at this computer, so I am off to enjoy my day off.  I will check back tonight and see what you have been up to.

Have a great day and enjoy the pictures! Barbara 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos & funnies.  Hope you and Tiny are enjoying a nice quiet afternoon. I have had a headache for 2 days so I'm doing as little as possible.  LOL  May try to take a nap.  HAGD, sis.  Barb

Anonymous said...

LOL enjoy your day

Deb

Anonymous said...

My Mom's dog, Max, is like Tiny.  He has more toys than the average child, lol.  Enjoyed the photos.  Hey!  I live with a carpenter!  I KNOW about those projects that take forever to get done firsthand!  That was funny about the guys shaking the sofa for the money in it, ROFL.  Ad about the lab was hilarious!

Happy New Year!
Susan

Anonymous said...

I want a ring like that.. where do you get one of those puppies???

Thanks for sharing... ps. love the deer facing the freezer. :-P

Amanda
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

I have those same wall stickers of the lil' gingerbread people baking, that you have on your fridge. I put them on my kitchen cupboards though....I like your tree, I guess your hubby decided to get it out after all rather then make you use the coat rack!? Lol!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

The couch cracked me up, lol!!

Terra

Anonymous said...

So did they take the coins or the couch?  Lol!  Riding in your pick up truck and at the front door wearing only what nature gave?!  That IS a funneeeeee one!  Love your hook rug!!  The pictures are great!  We have a deer on our wall too.  She is in the livingroom peering over our diningroom table... the one we never use.  I figure she is enough to scare anyone away from eating but we couldn't find another spot and we only eat out there a few times a year.   I named her Lucy but in actuality I think she is a he.  Glad your foot is feeling better. Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the couch story.  Frankly, I think the men that shook the thing were very innovative.  If they found enough couches they could end up with a goodly amount.  LOL  Sit back with your foot up and read your books ... and every once in a while stop to watch the dog chase the critters.  Sounds wonderful to me!  Pennie

Anonymous said...

The couch and the SBF seeking multi ethnic man are funneee.   Great gifts.    Your art work and your family art talent are great.     mark

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great Christmas!!
Linda :)